Duke of york Darnall

So sad to see the duke of York on Darnall been demolished,what a pub that was in the 70s 80s had some brilliant nights in there to think it was almost full every weekend always makes me laugh when I think of the small room on the left as you went in lads used to call it the disco room it had one piece of wire through

Ceiling with a red low wattage bulb in but ,I always sat in the darts room used to be a laugh a minute in there think it was Erick the landlord at the time good times good beer stones when it was proper beer stood and looked at it now a pile of rubble :(

So sad to see the duke of York on Darnall been demolished,what a pub that was in the 70s 80s had some brilliant nights in there to think it was almost full every weekend always makes me laugh when I think of the small room on the left as you went in lads used to call it the disco room it had one piece of wire through

Ceiling with a red low wattage bulb in but ,I always sat in the darts room used to be a laugh a minute in there think it was Erick the landlord at the time good times good beer stones when it was proper beer stood and looked at it now a pile of rubble :(

Must admit I didn’t use the Duke much, I was a Crown and Wellow man(boy).

But I happened to pass there yesterday and thought the same.

Very sad the way it’s turned out down there.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 11:23 ----------

Want to demolish all the rest round it

Wot! You want to demolish the Lidl and a legendary chippie?

When I first saw that (early morning eyes), I thought it was about the 'Duke of Darnall' but that's another subject.

We used to meet up in Darnall before heading to town on a Friday night.

I remember the little room well, especially the video jukebox.

If it got too full in there my mate would put on a record and accompanying video by Robin Hitchcock called "The man with the lightbulb head"

Soon cleared the room

Edited by mickyboy

... I thought it was about the 'Duke of Darnall' but that's another subject.
Yes, it sure is! :) Edited by hillsbro

Anyone remember one Friday night someone brought a goat in on a chain got it a bag of crisps and half of stones true think the lads borrowed the goat from greenthorps garage always outside the garage there, after the goat had a few half’s it was taken back home a bit wobbly :D

when my dad met my mum in the 40s, they used to go in duke of york with my grandma and sit round the fire in the little room. then i moved to darnall in the 70s and used to go in there,and the landlord had a bird in a cage on bar,that swore at everyone .so sad to hear its gone

Used to pub crawl all pubs in darnall always ending up in Duke miss my teenage years