Crosspool pub guide

Crosspool Tavern refurb = a few wood panels are now painted grey. Hallelujah! Those wood-coloured panels were a big problem for me (imagine it - old wood panels the colour of wood!). Now it’s completely transformed. £200k well-spent.

Beer is just the same crap. Doom Bar or nothing tonight. Black Sheep (jam!) tomorrow. No thanks. Back to the boring old Sportsman for me (or just stay longer in the Itchy Pig!).

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:27 ----------

Basically it’s just been ruined a little bit more by Head Office in Suffolk or wherever. Instead of someone thinking about how to improve a historic Sheffield pub we get a ghastly anypub.

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:30 ----------

Not much of a refurb. Why bother?

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:55 ----------

The nice old door to the gents has been removed. That was my favourite thing before. So it’s a dreadful failure of a refurb.

Edited by Bilge

Just to point out that the Tavern is owned by M&B; who also own the Sportsman, so they probably do not care which of their outlets people use - It is all money in their pockets.

Just to point out that the Tavern is owned by M&B; who also own the Sportsman, so they probably do not care which of their outlets people use - It is all money in their pockets.

True, but if it was any good I'd use the Tavern as well. 2 pubs is almost a crawl and they would support each other. Three pubs would be great. But if there's only one usable pub people will go to a different area sometimes just for a change from that local.

Crosspool Tavern refurb = a few wood panels are now painted grey. Hallelujah! Those wood-coloured panels were a big problem for me (imagine it - old wood panels the colour of wood!). Now it’s completely transformed. £200k well-spent.

Beer is just the same crap. Doom Bar or nothing tonight. Black Sheep (jam!) tomorrow. No thanks. Back to the boring old Sportsman for me (or just stay longer in the Itchy Pig!).

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:27 ----------

Basically it’s just been ruined a little bit more by Head Office in Suffolk or wherever. Instead of someone thinking about how to improve a historic Sheffield pub we get a ghastly anypub.

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:30 ----------

Not much of a refurb. Why bother?

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 22:55 ----------

The nice old door to the gents has been removed. That was my favourite thing before. So it’s a dreadful failure of a refurb.

Sensible thinking