Leading QC calls for fresh investigation into Diana death.quiry

An inquest is required when the cause of death may be criminal. Be it dangerous driving or driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. So yes, in this case an inquest should have been called after the accident, particularly in the light of Diana's statement to her lawyers.

If for some reason it was deemed unnecessary, why call one 10 years later?

As you have read the transcripts you will be aware that as the events took place in France, so initially all the official French investigations appropriate to a car crash death and the escalation to higher levels appropriate to those involved. These initial investigations led to the requirement for further reports and investigations. These were followed by a series of actions within the French legal system on behalf of the families of the deceased. These involved both criminal and civil accusations and litigation which had to be resolved before a final French conclusion was reached.

Further French legal challenges failed to succeed but required that an English legal procedure could not start.

Further English legal challenges involving criminal and procedural arguments continued. Only then was it possible to start an English inquest. The English inquest was continually delayed by procedural arguments by those representing by some of the bereaved.

Several official reports and inquests in France and England have found no evidence of anything more than a fatal car crash contributed to by alcohol, paranoia and seatbelts.

Conspiracy theorists and vested interests will continue to push for some kind of report which will agree with their "belief".

get real man/woman/unicorn, the british establishment can't negotiate brexit arranging for the murder in a public place of a public figure while making it look like an accident is way beyond their abilities...

Chalk and cheese.

The Secret Service is a highly professional outfit, whereas the Department for Exiting the EU is a rabble of incompetents that has been set up to fail.

on the basis of my family history, i can pretty much predict the manner of my death that doesn't mean that when I'm found three weeks later when i've gone a bit gooey it would be murder

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 12:16 ----------

get real man/woman/unicorn, the british establishment can't negotiate brexit arranging for the murder in a public place of a public figure while making it look like an accident is way beyond their abilities.

and when it comes to the same conclusion as the first?

I happen to agree with Mansfield that there is a chance the crash was not an accident. He has a strong point about the note.

After the programme on her the other Sunday on (soon to be ?Sheffield's; ) Channel4.. it's fair to say they wanted her out the picture. If it helps in bringing down the pointless royal establishment I'm all for an enquiry.

Edited by WestTinsley

For somebody who people claim predicted that she would die in a car crash she was a very casual about travelling at high speed without a seatbelt behind a drunk driver.

We don't have long to wait until government has to decide whether the public can see government documents on the case. The 30 year rule has been reduced to nearer 20 years, and the records from 1997 are due to be made available to the public in 2019-20

Prince Phillip hiding behind a pillar with a laser pen.

It's the only rational explanation.

For somebody who people claim predicted that she would die in a car crash she was a very casual about travelling at high speed without a seatbelt behind a drunk driver.

If you believe that's what happened.

We don't have long to wait until government has to decide whether the public can see government documents on the case. The 30 year rule has been reduced to nearer 20 years, and the records from 1997 are due to be made available to the public in 2019-20

I dont know what sort of things the public will expect.

The vast majority of any documents including this "note" has been trawled through time and time and and time again by the orginal investigations, the original inquest, various investigative journalists sticking their beak in and from money grabbing talking heads just like Mansfield and Burrell turning up on every chat show and news broadcasts to bolster their publicity and stir the pot with masses of totally unevidenced theories.

I never did and never will buy into this people's princess guff. yeah, she did lots of charity but so do other people. Yeah she was mother to the princes, but so what? They divorced and despite that her deluded fans think, that breakdown of relationship was a two way action.

She clearly had some mental health issues for which I am sorry, but she was in the main a sloaney tart who due to her HRH boost became a fantastic minipulator of the media to a point of near hysteria. She knew exactly how to play the press and exactly how to portray sweet and innocent.

Nobody deserves to have a fatal accident and I would not wish such a heinous thing.

HOWEVER, she brought the attention upon herself. She used it and abused such attention when it suited her and tried to avoid it when she was caught in less advantageous positions.

Drunk driver, no seatbelt, speeding vehicle, chaotic event worsened by a chase by papparazi.

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

All this public faux outrage, grief, hysteria and conspiracy over someone who they knew nothing about and cared not a jot for them in return.

With so many more important things going on that really should be given attention this whole things sickens me.

Mansfield has got exactly what he wanted. Stirring up opinion, name all over the papers more money in the bank account. Its a disgrace.

Edited by ECCOnoob

The vast majority of any documents including this "note" has been trawled through time and time and and time again by the orginal investigations, the original inquest, various investigative journalists sticking their beak in and from money grabbing talking heads just like Mansfield and Burrell turning up on every chat show and news broadcasts to bolster their publicity and stir the pot with masses of totally unevidenced theories.

I never did and never will buy into this people's princess guff. yeah, she did lots of charity but so do other people. Yeah she was mother to the princes, but so what? They divorced and despite that her deluded fans think, that breakdown of relationship was a two way action.

She clearly had some mental health issues for which I am sorry, but she was in the main a sloaney tart who due to her HRH boost became a fantastic minipulator of the media to a point of near hysteria. She knew exactly how to play the press and exactly how to portray sweet and innocent.

Nobody deserves to have a fatal accident and I would not wish such a heinous thing.

HOWEVER, she brought the attention upon herself. She used it and abused such attention when it suited her and tried to avoid it when she was caught in less advantageous positions.

Drunk driver, no seatbelt, speeding vehicle, chaotic event worsened by a chase by papparazi.

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

All this public faux outrage, grief, hysteria and conspiracy over someone who they knew nothing about and cared not a jot for them in return.

With so many more important things going on that really should be given attention this whole things sickens me.

Mansfield has got exactly what he wanted. Stirring up opinion, name all over the papers more money in the bank account. Its a disgrace.

Are you arguing that internal government documents were transferred to the public domain as a one-off for this case, circumventing the 30 (now 20) year rule?

Guest makapaka

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

I agree - said it at the time and still say it now - it was media driven.

The people's princess? How so exactly?

No one gave a monkeys about her whilst she was alive and she wouldn't have given most people a second thought either.

Then a tragic accident occurs and it's spun into the death of sleeping beauty - madness.

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

you have so eloquently put into words everything that I would have said , but you put it better

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 19:03 ----------

Didn't he represent the 'joe bloggs' at Orgreave ?

I also seem to recall he was involved in the trial of the men charged after a march in rotherham - I didn't know they were rich and famous.

He has had a decent success rate when it comes to overturning convictions obtained by the state by whatever means - otherwise the Guildford/Birmingham/Cardiff 3/ wrongly convicted people might still be locked up.

the joe bloggs at orgreave were backed by a very wealthy union , with an axe to grind