Does cathedral still feed the homless at xmas ??

At christmas time when im sat with my family in the warmth and a nice dinner an gifts i cant help thinking of the less fortunate ones living on the streets.And for the last few yrs ive always said i want to help feed the homeless by making food and sending it to the cathedral. so i was just hoping if someone on here knows. How to go about getting it sorted. thanks

Search for the Archer Project.

We're sleeping outside the cathedral tomorrow night to raise cash for them. Very good cause.

At christmas time when im sat with my family in the warmth and a nice dinner an gifts i cant help thinking of the less fortunate ones living on the streets.And for the last few yrs ive always said i want to help feed the homeless by making food and sending it to the cathedral. so i was just hoping if someone on here knows. How to go about getting it sorted. thanks

Don't think you will be allowed - health and safety and all that.

Pretty sure you can only donate shop bought food.

Edited by warrior8

Im very good at scrounging . At the moment im trying to raise money for st luke and mcmillan. soo ive been calling into shops at meadowhall ,meadowhall retail park , hillsborough , firth park, supermarkets and i dont mind saying myself we got some gooood gifts for the raffle

soooo im sure i could manage it again if needs be. i will check out the links thanks

We're sleeping outside the cathedral tomorrow night to raise cash for them. Very good cause.

Good luck chick hope all goes well xx

Good luck chick hope all goes well xx

My god that was cold! Raised a lot of money, but today at work was not fun!

Good luck tomorrow!

Did u make it through the night? some of the people left because it was too cold. Thought that was the whole point

Did u make it through the night? some of the people left because it was too cold. Thought that was the whole point

Did they? I didn't see that!

Nope we were there all night - bloody freezing it was! We raised £2000 nearly though so entirely worth it.

And for our next mission, we're going to find the builders who were working on fargate from 10-6am and run chainsaws and angle grinders constantly outside their windows whilst they're trying to sleep!

Did they? I didn't see that!

Nope we were there all night - bloody freezing it was! We raised £2000 nearly though so entirely worth it.

great work, well done

The students at City School raised funds and delivered 10 food hampers to the Archer Project just before Xmas this last year (2010).

Excuse my ignorance but is your occupying the cathedral area aform of protest or a call for help for the worthy course. of helping the homeless of Sheffield.