Leeds HM / Yorkshire Marathon

Has anyone done either the Leeds Half Marathon, or the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon (in York)?

Tempted to enter both; just wondering it anyone has done them and what they're like?

Leeds half is ok. Long hill after about three miles and then then more gentle climbs upto Lawnswood around halfway. The rest is flat or downhill so a race of two halves. I PBed there.

I was also tempted by this deal - £70 for two HM and a marathon is a nice deal! Unfortunately I will probably be out of town for the Sheffield HM. I might just enter all three anyway because the cost of the other 2 is £69.70 and there is a small chance I might make Sheffield as well!

The Vale of York HM is on 13th Sept, so a good prep for the York marathon...

Yeah, I've entered for all 3 now Pete. Someone was saying the 2013 Yorkshire Marathon was really great; so quite happy with my decision. Just hope there's nothing too hilly. Leeds HM sounds pretty fast actually; I'm okay with a few early climbs if that means level or downhill for the latter part of a race.

If you enter all 3, will you be able to transfer your number? There's usually a demand for Sheffield HM numbers nearer race day; but not sure how popular it will be next year, given this years fiasco!

EDIT: Also, it was £77, they sneakily add on a processing charge...

Edited by Waldo

£70 (+ £7 admin fee) for all 3 is a cracking deal, as they say on dragons den, im in.

I have registered for all 3 now. Might get a ringer in for the Sheff HM to get me a 'PB'...:hihi:

Might get a ringer in for the Sheff HM to get me a 'PB'...:hihi:

Hope you find a better sub than the one you got for the Vale of York HM! ;)

Hope you find a better sub than the one you got for the Vale of York HM! ;)

Cheeky! I ran my best 10k time in that race. Couldn't quite keep it up for the second 10k though...

Couldn't quite keep it up for the second 10k though...

Think you may have been struggling with the heat! ;)

Anyhow, hope you're all in good working order now. Best of luck with Sheffield, Leeds and the Yorkshire Marathon. Maybe worth car pooling if a few of us are doing the latter 2. Will mention it nearer the time, just incase...

Think you may have been struggling with the heat! ;)

Anyhow, hope you're all in good working order now. Best of luck with Sheffield, Leeds and the Yorkshire Marathon. Maybe worth car pooling if a few of us are doing the latter 2. Will mention it nearer the time, just incase...

Good idea, as long as you don't mind waiting round for me to finish :(