Tracing Family Member

Catherine Mary Thomson would have been 14 when she married. The Catherine we are looking for was born 1932

Hi,

This may be of interest

Catherine M. Thomson

Married: 1946

Henry A. Garner (note spelling)

It is possible, the above Catherine had a middle name of Mary, if so, it is also possible, that your Catherine Thomson born 1932 was a 'love child' and when her mother eventually married, she was brought up with that name (or adopted it.) This happened in my family tree.

I realize the name on the marriage to Kenneth A. Burbeary was Gardner but this could be a typo which may apply to either of these marriages.

HAPPY HUNTING

Also worth noting the spelling of "Thomson" - unusual, without the "p"?

Just a thought...

Hi,

The comments I proposed previously, regarding the Catherine M Thomson who married Henry A. Garner in 1946, was suggesting this could have been the mother of Catherine Thomson B.1932. and the latter took the name of Garner (poss.Gardner?).

Cheers

Apologies Canuk, misunderstood. Must pay more attention!

I do wish she was still with us to ask...It is so frustrating not knowing her background. Thank you all for your suggestions, I will keep looking and trying to find her :)

Still trying to find anything out about my late mum Catherine Burbeary. A family member said she was friends with a Kitty Eccles and a Dave Cartledge. Wondered if anyone knows them.

Still trying to find anything out about my mum Catherine Burbeary. A family member said she was friends with a Kitty Eccles and a Dave Cartledge. Wondered if anyone knows them.??

She came lived in Manchester for a while and moved to Sheffield and lived on the Wybourn estate until her death in 1995.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Went to school with Dorothy and her brother Michael ,also know of her brother Nev they lived on Rudyard road, Hillsborough

Hi, not sure who you mean, do you mean my mums brother or Kitty's?

Found a marriage record of my mum marrying Norman Gardner in 1959 in Sheffield.  I know Norman died around 1997..... any relatives of Norman able to tell me anything?

Think Norman was born in 1929 and they had a son called Steven.