Help on deciding the price of my Gaming PC.

Hi all,

I could use some help on selling my old beloved gaming pc that has served me very well. I am quite tech savvy and know my stuff, but dont want to list it for too high or way too low.

Specs - Sharkoon T9 Case

Asus a88x Mobo

AMD A10 7700K 3.8GHz Quad Core

Zotac GTX 680

Powercool 750 80+ rated powers supply

Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 kit, 1600mhz

Either a SoundBlaster prodigy FX or Asus xonar DG sound card,choice

is the buyers :)

Razer Deathadder gaming mouse

Zalman k20 gaming keyboard

AFX H01 gaming headset

Benq GL2250 1080p monitor

I was thinking between £200 and £300, as it is a fair price for the components and their value/performance. GTX 680 and the a10 could play modern triple AAA titles at 60 stable fps on medium to high settings on this monitor. 1050TI has the same performance as the gtx 680

Cheers guys

There's one reasonably higher spec on the for sale section atm for £300

If you're including the mouse, keyboard, and monitor then i'd say mibbe £250 max, but I wouldn't expect much past that... off-brand PSU, and an AMD A10 APU (as opposed to a 'full fat' CPU) and only 8GB of DDR3

I'm in the same boat.

I have 2 laptops and enough parts to build 2 i7's and an i5 system (4th gen) GPU's ranging from onboard to GTX 750Ti and a GTX 970. The boards are all Z87 and PSU's all branded with at least 80 plus bronze (650W) Not much the way of storage though. All have SSD OS drives but only a couple of 1 and 1.5TB storage drives that I'm not using.

I never buy rubbish and look after it very well but my idea of a system may not be for other people.

An example system could be:-

ASUS Z87 Deluxe ATX board

16 GB Hyper X Genesis

Be Quiet 650W 80 Plus Gold

Fractal Design R5

ASUS STRIX GTX 970

240GB SSD

Up to 3TB Storage

Win 10 Pro (Genuine)

The above is in use as a backup machine (running a lot more storage)

Would you think sold as systems or parts?

If i was you id sell it for parts , will get more on ebay auction than whole system

Edited by weex1

If i was you id sell it for parts , will get more on ebay auction than whole system

I was just looking on eBay and have to agree that parts would possibly return a bit more. Downside is it's eBay. I've not had any issues selling in the past but it can get expensive and time consuming. I did think about cutting it back to board, CPU and RAM, then sell the GPU. Again, not sure of prices but I think the £500 mark for the CPU/Board/RAM on ebay are a bit ambitious.

I really need to have a clear out. Not only for the funds and space but it's a shame that decent kit is just sat there doing jack!

Hi all,

I could use some help on selling my old beloved gaming pc that has served me very well. I am quite tech savvy and know my stuff, but dont want to list it for too high or way too low.

Specs - Sharkoon T9 Case

Asus a88x Mobo

AMD A10 7700K 3.8GHz Quad Core

Zotac GTX 680

Powercool 750 80+ rated powers supply

Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 kit, 1600mhz

Either a SoundBlaster prodigy FX or Asus xonar DG sound card,choice

is the buyers :)

Razer Deathadder gaming mouse

Zalman k20 gaming keyboard

AFX H01 gaming headset

Benq GL2250 1080p monitor

I was thinking between £200 and £300, as it is a fair price for the components and their value/performance. GTX 680 and the a10 could play modern triple AAA titles at 60 stable fps on medium to high settings on this monitor. 1050TI has the same performance as the gtx 680

Cheers guys

Don't go below 250£. That is still quite good machine.