Protective rubber gloves

We have a similar experience as you do, in fact, we never had the opportunity to discuss these type of outgoing payments at the start of taking on the support service.

I was recovering from an illness I was just glad Social Services had found a support provider for us, probably due to our lack of experience it never occurred for me to check all the finer details of everything.

I had spoken to the Carers but they are non the wiser only to inform us that they support other services users who pay for their own PPE and other items. we are still continuing to pay for some of essentials and PPE

All protective wear (gloves and aprons) are provided by the care givers.

Try contacting the CQC if you get no joy from the care provider.

Does anyone know if theres any costs involved which my child would incur, and what should he expect from the carer and support provided to cover if a Carer has business insurance and chooses to use his own car to drive my child out and about?

Would the insurance cover my child if there was an accident or lose of property in the carers car?

My child normally gets the bus or taxi everywhere so I haven't a clue.

thank you for all your replies

I do not have a contract , it’s between social services and the support provide company so they would have a copy each themselves.

I only have the care assessment plan, Happyone in your reply stated it should be in the care plan, so does this mean if and when my son will next have an updated assessment , I can then request the social worker to include stating clearing what the support provider pays and what my sons should pay for in his assessment care plan?

Have many other families done this before ?

For me I really wouldn’t have had a clue, I’ve never and contacts or involved with CQC and don’t want to expose me self, would they become involved with service users expenses?

frankly I am drained, recently, one Carer in particular he drives my sons mobility car like a manic there’s so many dumps and scratches. Should the Carer be responsible as he is driving it, yet I’m dealing with this, the Carer and company say it’s not their responsibility.

Theres been occasions when Carers use their own cars taking my son out I don’t even know if and what mileage costs they are charging him. Does anybody know what the Carer can claim from my son ?

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 13:43 ----------

thank you for all your replies

I do not have a contract , it’s between social services and the support provide company so they would have a copy each themselves.

I only have the care assessment plan, Happyobe your reply stated it should be in the care plan, so does this mean if and when my son will next have an updated assessment stating clearing what the support provider pays and what my sons should pay for ?

For me I really wouldn’t have had a clue, I’ve never and contacts with CQC, would they become involved with service users expenses?

frankly I am drained, recently, one Carer in particular he drives my sons mobility car like a manic there’s so many dumps and scratches. Should the Carer be responsible as she’s driving, yet I’m dealing with this, the Carer and company say it’s not their responsibility.

Theres been occasions when Carers use their own cars taking my son out I don’t even know if and what mileage costs they are charging him. Does anyone know the mileage cost involved and if there’s any other expenses my sons responsible for ?

Edited by Jomail

It doesn't sound right to me that someone drives his car, he's not their employer. Contact this organisation and see if they can help you:

https://www.carersuk.org/

Hi

The Carers have business insurance I only found out in passing recently that Carers had been using their own car to drive my son, as well as his mobility car. It’s was agreed between Carers and the support company so they know about it.

The support company and Carers must know what charges my son is paying. Before I will contact the support company I want to know excately what and how much my sons has to pay first.

Edited by Jomail

Hi

The Carers have business insurance I only found out in passing recently that Carers had been using their own car to drive my son, as well as his mobility car. It’s was agreed between Carers and the support company so they know about it.

The support company and Carers must know what charges my son is paying. Before I will contact the support company I want to know excitedly what and how much my sons has to pay first.

Do you mean how much he has to pay or how much he is paying? I would do the investigation the other way round myself. Phone the people in the link and find out exactly who has to pay for what.

I would also ask for a copy of their vehicle insurance. I have business insurance but it has a clause in it that I can't carry passengers for charge / reward. If they are supposed to be charging your son for transport then their insurance should clearly state this. If nothing else, you know your son is covered in the insurance in case of an accident if you see the policy.

I forgot to ask would a social worker know what expenses My son and the support provider company should be paying out , it appears that nobody seems to know this, so how would I include this into his care plan? My son has only had 2 care plan assessments since turning 18 years old, the last one was before he went into independent living 2-3 years ago

I heard some renewed contacts with social services and the support company with the cut backs , could social services have reduced payments to the support companies so my son now pays for PPE and other expenses , where as other people on the older contacts their support provider continues to get this funding from social services to pay for PPE and the lot.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:02 ----------

Thank you Chez2.

I don’t know many people to ask about all my sons payments? As I have only found out about Carers using their own cars without me knowing at first, I don’t know what they’re Charing him. The support company won’t be paying that’s for sure

I will ask the support company about everything you mentioned