Grenfell Tower effigy burning

I see that the people who made this sick video have handed themselves in. I didn;t see the whole video on the news, but apparently in the background there was a St George's flag flying.

The people that made this video are sick and have no humanity whatsoever.

They can't be the brightest.

Sharing it on the Internet has turned it from simply a sick private matter, to an offence that they can be prosecuted for.

Not sure how relevant the St George's flag is, but Grenfell jokes were all over right and far right facebook pages after the event. :suspect:

They can't be the brightest.

Sharing it on the Internet has turned it from simply a sick private matter, to an offence that they can be prosecuted for.

Not sure how relevant the St George's flag is, but Grenfell jokes were all over right and far right facebook pages after the event. :suspect:

Is Mister M implying they are right wing types, those are the only ones that fly the flag?

Is Mister M implying they are right wing types, those are the only ones that fly the flag?

I'm not sure the flag needed mentioning, in fact I'd rather it wasn't. I take enough offence of idiots using it for extremism without it being dragged into an unrelated incident.

It's unfortunate that racists have hijacked the St George flag, but I thought it was relevant since those who made the video went to the trouble of colouring in the faces of those burning in the effigy as brown.

It's unfortunate that racists have hijacked the St George flag, but I thought it was relevant since those who made the video went to the trouble of colouring in the faces of those burning in the effigy as brown.

I think the colouring in of the faces says it all, and I hope they get hammered for it.

EDIT - I've just read the article and I thought it might have been kids, or students - they aren't immune to bad taste , but no there were 3 of them in their 40s and one aged 55.

Edited by tinfoilhat

I agree that it's sick and offensive, but what crime can they be prosecuted for?

Guest makapaka
I agree that it's sick and offensive, but what crime can they be prosecuted for?

On the radio it said for a Public Order offence - not sure which.

Indecency?

Says it all for me. Spot on.

Angel1.

That's what I thought :confused:

I suspect they will be released without charge, but will face the wrath of a few members of the public!

The people who built the tower weren't prosecuted, I can't see how this is actually worse...

It's incredibly bad taste and hopefully they'll be shunned by friends and family to make it clear, but criminal, I don't think it reaches that standard myself.

Being an *ss is not a crime.

On the radio it said for a Public Order offence - not sure which.

Indecency?

A public order offence that took place in private. It's the media that's made it public.

It was clearly in very very bad taste, but I'm sure the police could be more productive with their time.