The Blades Vs Stoke

A good opportunity to get back to winning ways. I'm always grateful for a midweek game after a disappointing weekend result. Stoke aren't pulling up any trees, but still have one of the best looking squads in the league on paper.

A very tough game, but we should be looking to win this one.

UTB!

Its only October, and its squeaky bum time for me.. should win tonight, but were talking blades, its never straightforward.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 20:55 ----------

Blades completely dominating, watch em fall for the sucker punch.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 21:19 ----------

Barca 1. stoke 0.

Two points dropped there. Good performance until we scored... That's getting to be a regular occurrence.

Boro drew to Rotherham at home, still joint top.

UTB!

Not a good game to watch, poor finishing cost us the game

Stoke played some good passing football and got forward quickly, something we cannot do

Stoke will not be far away from the table top come the end of the season

I think we need some young players in our side to give us a boost

We dominated for big parts of the game but need to be clinical with those chances.

Hard to believe that some of those Stoke players were playing the Prem last season.

Feels like two points lost to me.

United were the better team but Stoke had the better players and those two factors cancelled each other out. We can only dream of what Chris Wilder could achieve with their squad; they'd look a lot more motivated than the Stoke players did. Why do United always go into panic mode when they go ahead? They must know the opposition will throw everybody forward to get an equaliser and they need to manage the game better than falling back and making long clearances, only to see the ball coming back at them moments later. Being joint top is still a great achievement but we could slip down after tonight's games so we need a win on Saturday.

We have to realise how for we've come when we look at last night's game and feel disappointed, we had chances and didn't take them, they are a good team in a false position imho.

I guess Billy needed a rest, but for me he must start if fit

Not a good game to watch, poor finishing cost us the game

Stoke played some good passing football and got forward quickly, something we cannot do

Stoke will not be far away from the table top come the end of the season

I think we need some young players in our side to give us a boost

Stoke were in purple, Utd in red and white stripes. I think you got things mixed up :hihi:

We have to realise how for we've come when we look at last night's game and feel disappointed, we had chances and didn't take them, they are a good team in a false position imho.

I guess Billy needed a rest, but for me he must start if fit

I agree with you we must remember how far Wilder has brought us.It was not to long ago when we could not have dreamt of being disappointed with a draw against Stoke but disappointed we are dropping two points after dominating once again .The times when we have dominated teams and come away with nothing or just a point is becoming a habit.We do need a replacement for Billy who is still our main striker but needs resting now and then which is understandable.We rely on him so much.Having said that we are playing some great footy and it is a joy to watch when we are on form.I do hope in January Wilder is allowed to bring that one guy (a striker with proven goal scoring history) in to the club.He may cost a few quid but the benefits could be enormous.Last nights performance was one of many where a goal scorer would have been the difference between one point or three which we really did deserve after out playing and fighting a mega priced team.

I agree with you we must remember how far Wilder has brought us.It was not to long ago when we could not have dreamt of being disappointed with a draw against Stoke but disappointed we are dropping two points after dominating once again .The times when we have dominated teams and come away with nothing or just a point is becoming a habit.We do need a replacement for Billy who is still our main striker but needs resting now and then which is understandable.We rely on him so much.Having said that we are playing some great footy and it is a joy to watch when we are on form.I do hope in January Wilder is allowed to bring that one guy (a striker with proven goal scoring history) in to the club.He may cost a few quid but the benefits could be enormous.Last nights performance was one of many where a goal scorer would have been the difference between one point or three which we really did deserve after out playing and fighting a mega priced team.

I saw Stoke at S6, they have some obvious talent but Rowett doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of them consistantly.