"I didn't know you cared" - Sheffield filming locations?

Now that this wonderful series has been released on video, I thought it would be interesting to discover where in Sheffield the exterior shots (of which there are many) were filmed. Elsewhere on this forum Myrtle Road, Pomona Street, Frog Walk and the General Cemetary have been mentioned and watching the series itself there are scenes shot on Meadow Terrace and Hickmott Road in Sharrow Vale. In another scene I also think I recognise Huntley Road off High Storrs Road.

It would be great if anyone out there could give up any more details, and some anecdotal evidence would be even better!

"I heard that, pardon?"

i believe Peter Tinniswood (?) set uncle mort and his family in the carterknowle area as that's where he lived when in Sheffield..

I wonder if that's how Carter Brandon got to be named?

Some of the filming was in the allotments just off Bannerdale Road. I remember a railway carriage - would that fit?

i believe Peter Tinniswood (?) set uncle mort and his family in the carterknowle area as that's where he lived when in Sheffield..

You're right PT. They used the house where he used to live. The present owner is a friend of mine, and she was there when the filming was done.

Some of the filming was in the allotments just off Bannerdale Road. I remember a railway carriage - would that fit?

This is great news! I've often wondered about that railway carriage - did they bring it in for filming or was it always there? I used to like the way Uncle Mort would hoist up the Union Jack before entering for his cuppa, showing that he was "in residence" !

Thanks. :thumbsup:

You're right PT. They used the house where he used to live. The present owner is a friend of mine, and she was there when the filming was done.

Obviously without wanting to know the exact address, would this be Carterknowle Road?

Obviously without wanting to know the exact address, would this be Carterknowle Road?

That's right, the big older houses between Abbeydale Rd and Bannerdale Rd.

That's right, the big older houses between Abbeydale Rd and Bannerdale Rd.

Cheers. Most interesting! :)

Suppose your off for a gurkin and pickle tripe sandwiche:)

There were a few scenes set in a works, and I think these were filmed at Rabone Chesterman off Ecclesall Rd, behind the Pomona. I'm not sure if the works are still there. I seem to remember they were either demolished or converted to offices. I'm sure someone on the forum will know!

Sorry, just reread the original post, please ignore these ramblings!

Algy

They used Masboro station in Rotherham I think.