Mass shootings in America

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/florida-man-kills-grandchildren-005552964.html

Six children and 2 adults.......

Nothing more to say that hasn't already been said! Guns are the most ridiculous objects on earth!!

Wrong ! people are sometimes the most ridiculous objects on earth like 61 year old grandpas who suddenly go berserk. Don't blame the gun.. blame the user

he didn't suddenly go berserk, he'd already been in prison for gun offences

Nothing more to say that hasn't already been said! Guns are the most ridiculous objects on earth!!

By that definition so is any inaminate object used to kill people. Clearly since they kill far more, cars must be more ridiculous than guns?

For shooting his son in a "hunting accident" :suspect:

And served his time for said offences. What word other than berserk would you use to describe his killing spree? Gone suddenly crazy, gone nuts, gone completely off his rocker?

Absent the gun and given his state of mind he would have more than likely done the deed with a knife, baseball bat or any other object capable of inflicting deadly injury.

But yet you glorify one in your avatar!

It's from a TV program!!?? Entertainment........nothing more!

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 17:32 ----------

Wrong ! people are sometimes the most ridiculous objects on earth like 61 year old grandpas who suddenly go berserk. Don't blame the gun.. blame the user

I didn't blame the gun. I just gave my opinion on them. I think they should be 100% illegal, all over the world, including for hunting and sport. Only the armed forces should have access to them. I see no use for them what so ever other than killing someone or something......not my thing.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 17:33 ----------

By that definition so is any inaminate object used to kill people. Clearly since they kill far more, cars must be more ridiculous than guns?

Cars are nothing like guns! :roll:

As I've already said, guns have 1 purpose, killing. They are not necessary in everyday life.

Edited by Bonzo77

As I've already said, guns have 1 purpose, killing. They are not necessary in everyday life.

Thay are if you live in Grizzly bear country.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 17:32 ----------

I didn't blame the gun. I just gave my opinion on them. I think they should be 100% illegal, all over the world, including for hunting and sport. Only the armed forces should have access to them. I see no use for them what so ever other than killing someone or something......not my thing.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 17:33 ----------

Apart from farmers who need to protect crops and livestock, facilities managers who need to control rabbits, or rats, or pigeons....

Baseball bats are used to kill a lot of people - they are only used for that ritual sport where you hit heads, I mean baseballs....

As for other uses, I have a carry permit for certain areas of the US where there are a lot of bears when I go hiking. I'd imagine Florideans and alligators are similar...

Also I use my rifle for hunting - nice fresh rabbit why bother getting it from a supermarket when I'm camping...

But hey, why let things get in the way of a real good rant.

Of course they're not, the ease of access to them (in certain countries) is the most ridiculous thing.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 17:47 ----------

What makes you think they only have one purpose?

But yet you glorify one in your avatar!

I'm glad you pointed that out.

The fact that violence is glamorised in ''entertainment" contexts (e.g.in films and on TV) is surely all the more reason not to use a gun-toting man as your avatar, if (as you do) you claim that guns generally are pointless and dangerous.

Edited by aliceBB