Pointing Dog - Ecclesall Rd

New place opened in the Ex Polish Club.

Looks really nice, should offer some welcome competition to the area. Looks to be operated by the same people as MudCrab, with 2 other 'Pointing Dog' type operations in Cheadle Hulme and Bakewell.

Also seems to work as a free to join members club.

http://www.pointingdog.co.uk/clubhouse#.U2yBNPldXtt

Lets hope we might have a proper nice restaurant on Ecclesall Road at last.

The last place that you needed to be a member of didn't last too long did it? (The Walnut Club, opposite side of the road).

Yes looks great but Pointing Dog doesn't like children apparently. No kids under 16 allowed in the bar or restaurant at any time. This seems a bit daft, not to mention bad for business, given all the young families in the Eccy Rd. area that eat out particularly during the day and early evening. They could just a have separate bit for families or put a bar on families booking after 7 pm or something.

Yes looks great but Pointing Dog doesn't like children apparently. No kids under 16 allowed in the bar or restaurant at any time. This seems a bit daft, not to mention bad for business, given all the young families in the Eccy Rd. area that eat out particularly during the day and early evening. They could just a have separate bit for families or put a bar on families booking after 7 pm or something.

sounds great to me! plenty of other outlets for people with young kids, when eating out i dont want noisy kids running around un- checked which is what happens in most places.

sounds great to me! plenty of other outlets for people with young kids, when eating out i dont want noisy kids running around un- checked which is what happens in most places.

Ha ha a typical response from someone without kids, and understandable to a certain extent. I would have said the same before they came along but unfortunately some of us have to sustain the human race and I don't want to have to stay in until they are 16 ;)

Yes there are plenty of places, actually probably all places nowadays, that allow kids and that's purely for business reasons - why alienate 1000s of potential customers. I think they will find it pretty empty during the day if families can't eat there.

Most places I take my own children to eat out don't have noisy kids running around unchecked.

A mistake, I think, by Pointing Dog to exclude families with children at any hour of the day. Used to be the same at the Prince of Wales further up Ecclesall Road when it first opened in it's current guise, but they've changed that particular rule. It's too big a part of the target market in S11 to exclude.

I agree, it seems to be aiming slightly more upmarket. I'd rather not have my Bloody Mary ruined by kids noise ;)

Most places I take my own children to eat out don't have noisy kids running around unchecked.

A mistake, I think, by Pointing Dog to exclude families with children at any hour of the day. Used to be the same at the Prince of Wales further up Ecclesall Road when it first opened in it's current guise, but they've changed that particular rule. It's too big a part of the target market in S11 to exclude.

The website says no kids under 16 in the clubhouse after 7pm.

I agree, it seems to be aiming slightly more upmarket. I'd rather not have my Bloody Mary ruined by kids noise ;)
How "upmarket" you seem... If you drink bloody marys you deserve to have it ruined by the noise of kids ;)

In any event they now appear to have just changed their website to allow kids up to 7 pm it didn't say that this morning so it looks like they have agreed with my earlier comment. Job done.

Edited by Simondo

Ha ha a typical response from someone without kids, and understandable to a certain extent. I would have said the same before they came along but unfortunately some of us have to sustain the human race and I don't want to have to stay in until they are 16 ;)

Yes there are plenty of places, actually probably all places nowadays, that allow kids and that's purely for business reasons - why alienate 1000s of potential customers. I think they will find it pretty empty during the day if families can't eat there.

Ha Ha typical response from someone who has no idea:roll: i have 2 kids thanks both now over 16 and very well brought up and like me want to eat and drink in a nice place without screaming brats! as i said there are places for young children this seems is not one of them and good for them.

actually if kids are banned they will probably be very busy and not have to deal with an "earthmother" family that allow little toby or summer to "express themselves"

Ha Ha typical response from someone who has no idea:roll: i have 2 kids thanks both now over 16 and very well brought up and like me want to eat and drink in a nice place without screaming brats! as i said there are places for young children this seems is not one of them and good for them.

actually if kids are banned they will probably be very busy and not have to deal with an "earthmother" family that allow little toby or summer to "express themselves"

:loopy:

Too late, they will be letting me in and my enourmous family of "screaming brats". Let's hope we spoil your meal. Actually my children are very well behaved and used to going in restaurants from an early age but I dearly hope they aren't if you are there with your bad attitude and pondlife mentality. No doubt you vote UKIP and moan about pretty much everything. See you at the bar tomorrow :D

:loopy:

Too late, they will be letting me in and my enourmous family of "screaming brats". Let's hope we spoil your meal. Actually my children are very well behaved and used to going in restaurants from an early age but I dearly hope they aren't if you are there with your bad attitude and pondlife mentality. No doubt you vote UKIP and moan about pretty much everything. See you at the bar tomorrow :D

well you knock yourself out then before 7pm along with your brats, at least we know what time to avoid your hoard:roll::hihi::hihi:

in any case stop being pretentious be a love and take your kids somewhere they would enjoy KFC maccy Ds , pizza hut:hihi::hihi: