3 Valleys beer festival II - The Ridge : Saturday 3rd August 2013

As the 3 Valleys Festival back in June proved so popular, we're doing it again on the 3rd August but this time heading for the hills!

8 venues confirmed so far, all with a range of real ales and ciders, many will also offer food and entertainment.

A free bus will pick up from Dronfield railway station and run every half hour between all the venues.

Confirmed venues so far:

Dronfield Arms

Green Dragon

Inn at Troway

Royal Oak (Coal Aston)

Three Tuns

Travellers Rest (Apperknowle)

Unstone Community Hall

Victoria Inn

Edited by Andy C

I'm not sure I'd want to do the Inn at Troway, I would imagine that's more like a Thornbridge Gastro type pub like The Cricketers, with prices to match (Edit: Just checked their website - Jaipur £3.80/pint).

The Unstone Community Hall could be interesting.

Regards

Doom

Edited by Doom

Sounds a great idea. Date is in diary.

If it floats anyone`s boat, there are one or two nice ways to walk from Unstone to Dronfield, Three Tuns area.

Is Miner`s Arms nice? Always wondered how it survived up there!

I'm not sure I'd want to do the Inn at Troway, I would imagine that's more like a Thornbridge Gastro type pub like The Cricketers, with prices to match (Edit: Just checked their website - Jaipur £3.80/pint).

The Unstone Community Hall could be interesting.

Regards

Doom

The Inn at Troway is a Brewkitchen pub, sister to Cricket Inn. They are talking about putting a craft beer bar out on the decking and possibly a BBQ. And look at that view... http://goo.gl/maps/r8Xkb

The community Hall is being hired out by a local pub owner to put a mini beer festival on with entertainment.

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 10:26 ----------

If it floats anyone`s boat, there are one or two nice ways to walk from Unstone to Dronfield, Three Tuns area.

Is Miner`s Arms nice? Always wondered how it survived up there!

Miners Arms at Hundall is a cracking pub. They've decided not to take part in the festival but if you fancy the walk (or number 14 bus) I'm sure you'll find it worth a visit.

Edited by Andy C

The Inn at Troway is a Brewkitchen pub, sister to Cricket Inn. They are talking about putting a craft beer bar out on the decking and possibly a BBQ. And look at that view... http://goo.gl/maps/r8Xkb

I love Thornbridge beers and that view is fantastic. I just hope their pricing reflects the fact that this will predominantly be people drinking ale and wanting a snack, rather then their regular customers who are eating a meal and wanting the odd pint to wash it down.

Hopefully the weather will be as kind to us all as last time. :D

Regards

Doom

Hopefully everyone will be well behaved this time too.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 11:18 ----------

Mind you, the last one was same day as the EDL march in town so the bother might have had summat to do with that.

3 more venues confirmed, all in Dronfield Woodhouse

Talbot Arms

Miners Arms

Jolly Farmer

so 11 pubs to choose from.

The bus service will radiate out from Dronfield railway station on 3 routes all every half hour:

route A - to Unstone (Dronfield Arms, Three Tuns, Unstone Community Hall)

route B - to Dronfield Woodhouse (Green Dragon, Victoria, Talbot Arms, Miners Arms, Jolly Farmer)

route C - to Apperknowle (Royal Oak, Inn at Troway, Travellers Rest)

Are the Coach & Horses involved with this one?

Regards

Doom

Yes, the Coach & Horses are a late addition and will be on bus route C. There are now 12 venues to choose from.

See http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk for a map and bus info.

Its already beginning to sound good from what I've heard from some of the pubs.

Yes, the Coach & Horses are a late addition and will be on bus route C. There are now 12 venues to choose from.

See http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk for a map and bus info.

Its already beginning to sound good from what I've heard from some of the pubs.

Thanks Andy, I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Route C looks very tempting if it's a nice day.....I do like a beer in the countryside. :)

Regards

Doom

Yes, enjoy stunning views and great beer at the Travellers or Inn @ Troway.....

Royal Oak at Coal Aston has a seperate bar at the back which opens out onto the park.

Coach & Horses I imagine will do the usual thing out front.

Elsewhere the first few bits of food news following the Three Tuns announcing their Pork Pie festival - at the Green Dragon they will be serving curry provided by Dronfield's Mint Leaf restaurant.

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 17:43 ----------

Some news...

The Travellers at Apperknowle will be offering a range of 22 real ales, 10 ciders and music. There will also be a selection of food stalls outside. The location also offers a fantastic view...

Unstone Community Hall will have live music and will be showcasing the range of beers from Barlow Brewery along with one or two beers from other local breweries including Dronfield Brewery.

The Dronfield Arms will have an outside bar supplied by RAW brewery.

Three Tuns will have beers from Spire Brewery plus guests, pizzas and a range of gourmet pork pies.