Understanding the universe.

I think most people who post on flat earth threads are missing a huge point.

Flat earthers come in two varieties:

1% who actually believe it, along with lizard presidents etc etc

9% who enjoy winding up the easily triggered

90% who enjoy the fun of coming up with wacky alternatives to what they actually know to be true.

It is also used as an excercise to be generally scientifically questioning of what you are told.

You should always question what you are told.

We live in an age of deceit after all.

I observe with my own eyes sights in the distance,that were the earth really a ball i would not be able to see due to them being below the curvature.

Flat earth is the biggest topic on the net at the moment.

I observe with my own eyes sights in the distance,that were the earth really a ball i would not be able to see due to them being below the curvature.

There you go then. You go and buy the biggest telescope in perth and you'll be able to observe us in Sheffield. Tell me when you're looking, I'll wave!!

How many times have you been proven wrong on this point.

You're clearly not interested.

---------- Post added 15-11-2018 at 13:16 ----------

FYI. most popular google searches in Sept in the US

op 100 Google search queries in the US (in October 2018)

Unsurprisingly, this list is almost entirely dominated by branded searches. But we have decided to leave the list as is so that you could see the full picture.

# Keyword Search Volume Return Rate

1 facebook 236,100,000 11.10

2 youtube 191,400,000 6.35

3 amazon 99,050,000 4.28

4 gmail 89,360,000 5.50

5 google 83,260,000 4.26

6 ebay 57,740,000 4.59

7 yahoo 56,150,000 8.04

8 craigslist 53,810,000 4.42

9 yahoo mail 51,550,000 6.46

10 weather 50,970,000 4.91

Can you see New York from the West coast of ireland?

I'm gutted I can't see Everest, you'd think the highest mountain on Earth would be more prominent.

Or is that a lie too? It's hard to keep up.

But you're clearly not doing that. You've read something on youtube and decided that is it.

So you're saying on a clear day we should be able to see Mount Everest given a decent pair of binoculars? Have you ever watched a ship sail over the horizon? What do you think happens to it? Magic? It's fallen off the edge? You don't seem to understand how large a "ball" the Earth is and what curvature is visible.

Do flat earthers think all the other planets are flat as well? Or is it just Earth? If it's just earth then what is their explanation?

Or how about...

Go to the south pole (or 'wall') and walk around the circumference of the earth; you should be able to walk for 10's of thousands of miles without running in to your own footprints again.

As to why you can't see Everest; have you heard about how gravity can bend light? Well, clearly gravity is bending light away from the surface of the flat earth.

THe Electronic Kilogram

NIST MENU

PROJECTS/PROGRAMS

Electronic Kilogram

Facebook Google Plus Twitter

Summary

This project provides the basis for a new definition of mass, based on unchanging quantum properties of nature rather than a physical artifact. This is accomplished through a high-accuracy comparison of power as measured in mechanical (force and velocity) and electrical (voltage and resistance) units. Because of the quantum nature of all but the kilogram mass unit (laser length, atomic time, Josephson effect voltage, and Quantum Hall effect resistance), the two measurements provides a high-accuracy determination of the Planck Constant relative to the kilogram artifact. The goal is to establish a consistent measured value that can be adopted as an exact value for the Planck constant, similar to what was done for the second and the speed of light. Following such a redefinition, this experiment would realize the kilogram mass unit in terms of purely quantum units - the meter, second, volt and ohm. This would complete the conversion to a measurement system where all units are derived from unchanging quantum properties of nature, instead of being tied to the properties of a single physical artifact

The physical object is losing mass.

Edited by petemcewan