Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

They were wanted. Here is the article

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/brothers-charged-over-sheffield-horror-crash-that-killed-four-appear-at-court-1-9440515

What more information do you need?

I don't know whether all the passengers in the car knew in advance that the driver was wanted by the police. I don't know whether all the passengers knew that the driver was likely to drive dangerously. It may well turn out that they did. Or perhaps they didn't. I don't believe in prejudging things.

The "they're obviously guilty" mentality is what led to the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four miscarriages. Heck, they had explosive residues on their fingertips! They were Irish! What more proof do you need? Let's just beat them up in their cells until they confess.

I don't know whether all the passengers in the car knew in advance that the driver was wanted by the police. I don't know whether all the passengers knew that the driver was likely to drive dangerously. It may well turn out that they did. Or perhaps they didn't. I don't believe in prejudging things.

The "they're obviously guilty" mentality is what led to the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four miscarriages. Heck, they had explosive residues on their fingertips! They were Irish! What more proof do you need? Let's just beat them up in their cells until they confess.

Your right of course. They could be fine upstanding pillars of the community working a decent job bringing up their families. Hapily trundling into the car carefully following the speed limit and highway code and it was all a freak accident.

Your right of course. They could be fine upstanding pillars of the community working a decent job bringing up their families. Hapily trundling into the car carefully following the speed limit and highway code and it was all a freak accident.

Or there could of course be a middle ground.

Also, remember, we are discussing here whether the passengers are jointly liable for the reckless actions of the driver. Whether the passengers knew about the highway code is neither here nor there.

It may well be the case that the passengers are all unpleasant scrotes who deserve to be locked up for various crimes they have committed in recent years - but who nevertheless don't deserve to prosecuted for the actions of the driver. Again, a jury, presented with the facts, will make this determination.

His anonymity will be protected.

So what? What do you want to know his name for anyway?

Anybody publishing a name on here will be suspended permanently. It is illegal to do so and we will take the dimmest possible view of this.

Or there could of course be a middle ground.

Also, remember, we are discussing here whether the passengers are jointly liable for the reckless actions of the driver. Whether the passengers knew about the highway code is neither here nor there.

It may well be the case that the passengers are all unpleasant scrotes who deserve to be locked up for various crimes they have committed in recent years - but who nevertheless don't deserve to prosecuted for the actions of the driver. Again, a jury, presented with the facts, will make this determination.

of course they are all jointly liable, they are all of the same ilk, will all have known the car was stolen and probably goaded the driver into carrying on through normal traffic with the disastrous consequences.

Appears to be inappropriate guidance to my mind.

but he was not charged with death by dangerous driving as there was no evidence of fault. Police never pursued the lesser charges of driving with no insurance or licence and missed a six-month expiry date for charging the driver. Now the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has told Patrick’s mother, Dr Nicole Schaible, the decision was made in the light of a Supreme Court test case which rules there had to be significant fault involved.

In this case, after detailed examination of the collision report provided by police, the reviewing lawyer found no provable culpability on the part of the driver.

The argument is though, that despite not being licenced to drive legally in the UK, he didn't actually make any fault of driving which contributed to the death...

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Appears to be inappropriate guidance to my mind.

The argument is though, that despite not being licenced to drive legally in the UK, he didn't actually make any fault of driving which contributed to the death...

I wonder what this means?

C&P

Patrick Schaible was knocked over and killed instantly by an unlicensed, uninsured driver from Poland in his Renault Clio on October 7, 2017. The 21-year-old was walking home along the B6279 near Summerhouse, County Durham, when he was hit in the early hours of the morning.