Waiting for a Gall Bladder Operation..How long??

Was it the NGH?

Yes Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction,

My symptoms are more stomach, back & chest related, and not related to what I eat at all, more the amount I eat. I can't eat a normal meal just small amounts as the food gets stuck mid way down, it's quite frightening when it happens.

Crazybaby...my op was three years ago, by keyhole, they do warn you that it may have to go to open surgery if there are any complications during the key hole, I felt wonderful the next morning and had bacon for breakfast, no more pain! I did get a respiratory infection which made the recovery a bit painful with coughing and the journey home on bumpy roads was memorable! I had one stitch to one of the keyhole entry sites and just have two of the four entry points visible now as scars (belly button which is the one they take the gall bladder through and upper left abdo). I was really scared about the op as I am a bit of a wuz, but it was very straightforward and if I hadnt had the respiratory infection my recovery would have been really speedy. Good luck with everything x

KateyKrunch I also had an infection but it wasn't a respiratory infection. before i had my op i was diagnosed with "MRSA" on my skin, when i got the infection i was back and forth to my doctors for about a month trying to work out what the infection was and later found out that the MRSA that was on my skin hadn't completely cleared up, which was more then likely the cause of my infection.

I have some bad scars on my stomach after an operation went wrong and they had to slit me open and do an emergency op. The scar goes round my belly button and I also have a scar where I had a colostomy bag. I'm not expecting it to be smooth ride with keyhole surgery and if they can't do keyhole it won't surprise me. Just want it done whichever way they have to do it

Yes I had it removed laparoscopically. I was diagnosed with sphincter of oddi dysfunction and had a stent fitted. Nothing helped. I've had numerous tests since and finally been diagnosed with "post cholecystectomy syndrome" which basically is an umbrella description of any problems after surgery. I was told I would have to face facts and put up with it as they could do no more to help me. I'm kind of getting used to it, but was only 23 at the time, so the thought of that pain for the rest of my life was quite daunting. I am told it's pretty rare though, so it's not likely to happen to you guys. I hope you get respite from the pain soon. I can't even describe it, it's horrendous and I have a good pain threshold.

Hi Chocki, How did you get a referral to Thornbury, did your doc suggest it? I've been waiting since end of November for an op date at NGH had my pre op at the Hallamshire going on for 4 weeks ago now. The pain I'm getting is severe chest pain. It started last September but I've been suffering with this for years, it was only after I begged for an ultra sound scan that they discovered a collapsed gallbladder with multiple stones. Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday.

Longleyman, Have you been pain free for the past two years? I'm told that cutting out fat stops the gallbladder from working.

Yes I have been pain free for the past two years and at the moment I have no ache or pain in my body but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I do put a bit of margarine on my wholemeal toast and have cottage cheese every day.

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how long its takes for the Sheffield Hospitals to get back to you after referral from your doctors regarding having your Gall Bladder removed?

I am in constant uncomfortable pain and would be grateful if anyone has any idea?

The doctors just tell me 'several weeks'...that could be 3 that could be 10!!!

HELP!!! :help:

Thank you

Just wondering, did you get the Gall Bladder problem resolved?, hope so

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 19:01 ----------

Just wondering, did the Gall Bladder problem get resolved?, hope so x

I wonder if anyone could give me a 2018 update on waiting times for this operation, (Gallbladder removal.)

After an emergency admission, I've just spent 8 days in Northern General having antibiotics and various scans etc for an infection in gallbladder. I was told I might well have to have it removed. I am booked in for a follow up a month from now, when I presume they will make the decision, but I'm anxious to know how long the wait will be after that, as I have various committments coming up after Christmas which have to be taken care of now.

Can anybody give me a more up-to-date information?

I wonder if anyone could give me a 2018 update on waiting times for this operation, (Gallbladder removal.)

After an emergency admission, I've just spent 8 days in Northern General having antibiotics and various scans etc for an infection in gallbladder. I was told I might well have to have it removed. I am booked in for a follow up a month from now, when I presume they will make the decision, but I'm anxious to know how long the wait will be after that, as I have various committments coming up after Christmas which have to be taken care of now.

my wife had hers done at rotherham hospital a few months ago, i think she had a 8 week wait

Get well soon Anna...…..

Yes all the best Anna x

Aww, thankyou so much.