IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum

The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

10-06-2007, 11:39   #321
goldenfleece
PURPLE HAZE

Total Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwish View Post
have you got the new Scorpions, Linkin Park, Motorhead, Ozzy cd's?
Do you rate the new Scorpions CD? Can't get into it at all myself, but I adore the Ozzy Black Rain new album......
_______
http://www.rainbowmusicservices.co.uk/
Rainbow Music Services, background music for Business, Leisure and Retail
10-06-2007, 11:45   #322
Jozafeen

Total Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenfleece View Post
Do you rate the new Scorpions CD? Can't get into it at all myself, but I adore the Ozzy Black Rain new album......
I'm hooked on the Ozzy album and played the new single last night. With you on the Scorpions though - I like the first track but can't get into the rest of it!
_______
Clofink - Bespoke Clothing & Bridal Wear, Costumes & Corsets - Facebook page
11-06-2007, 16:33   #323
dazling

Total Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbob View Post
Hello all you who remember me. At the moment I am a coach driver, driving around europe and all over britain. Interesting to see that rebs has reopened. I wish Steve Baxendale all the best for his latest venture. I dont suppose rebs 2 will ever be as good as rebs 1. Rebs 1 was not just the music but the people as well. All the different characters that used to go in were responsible for making rebs 1 so good. Who can forget Shirley dancing to Deep Purple, Martin with all his fuzzy hair dancing to UFO and the crack pot who used run across the dance floor at the end of an AC/DC record and jump to a stop like Angus Young. Do you remember Norman the glass collecter who like Madness, I think he is a postie now. How about Roz the barmaid who didnt like Ron the manager and made it perfectly clear as well. I wonder what happened to Ron the only man who could face forward yet still see you at the side of him (those eyes !!) creepy.

If I ever get a weekend off I will visit Rebs 2. As for the music well it cant be the same as there is so much good music about these days. I hope they will get a good mix of the old music and the new. If they want to borrow any records I still have my record collection Including a very worn out Dont Stop Believing by Journey.

All the best to everyone who has mentioned me on the various posts on the forum and to Wallbuilder for the embarassing photo of me on the Rebels web page as well as all the other interesting photos of a lot of the original customers of Rebels

Cheers BOB
Bob , just the man, how you doing pal, PM me if you ever get a date when your going down to Rebs if ya fancy a pint and a chat of days gone by
11-06-2007, 20:58   #324
Spirit_Wolf

Total Posts: 68
Sorry to post this but its a bit of a coplaint about rebels. Turned up just after 01:45 to get inside and the bounce said the entrance office closes at 01:30 surely if the place closes at 04:00 you would have someone on the door untill about 03:00 ???
11-06-2007, 21:57   #325
JohnM

Total Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Wolf View Post
Sorry to post this but its a bit of a coplaint about rebels. Turned up just after 01:45 to get inside and the bounce said the entrance office closes at 01:30 surely if the place closes at 04:00 you would have someone on the door untill about 03:00 ???

Its very normal for clubs to have last entry a few hours before closing - and is often a condition of the license.
12-06-2007, 12:05   #326
X666 FJP

Total Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Wolf View Post

The last entrie's at 2.30am so not sure about the confusion there. I'll look into that one. Just a quick note while i'm on-line starting this wekend Rebels will be Rock music all the way every Friday and Saturday night.
_______
100% Blade
12-06-2007, 12:36   #327
rebels 100%

Total Posts: 24
rock on fri and sat now thats a gd night out gd set on sat jozafeen
12-06-2007, 14:53   #328
Jozafeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels 100% View Post
rock on fri and sat now thats a gd night out gd set on sat jozafeen
Why thank you 100%!

You can read the setlist in full here. I'm so sad to be missing this Saturday - it's a fun night to DJ but I'm sure Rude Dog (and DJ RevCo from Team Batfink) will do fine without me!
_______
13-06-2007, 15:28   #329
Ghostrider

Total Posts: 8,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozafeen View Post
Why thank you 100%!

You can read the setlist in full here. I'm so sad to be missing this Saturday - it's a fun night to DJ but I'm sure Rude Dog (and DJ RevCo from Team Batfink) will do fine without me!
May have to come down saturday
14-06-2007, 00:55   #330
Jozafeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiRider View Post
May have to come down saturday
What - you want to tease Mr Dog because he hasn't got XentriX? You evil man!
_______
14-06-2007, 15:48   #331
mad_dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozafeen View Post
What - you want to tease Mr Dog because he hasn't got XentriX? You evil man!
I have now hon so no teasing lol
14-06-2007, 17:16   #332
Ghostrider

Total Posts: 8,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_dog View Post
I have now hon so no teasing lol
But you still have to learn how to do the job while off of your face my man
16-06-2007, 14:35   #333
Grim Reaper
Creeping Death

Total Posts: 5,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiRider View Post
But you still have to learn how to do the job while off of your face my man
C'mon now Mr Rider, we all know he's been doing it for years.
_______
Happiness comes to those who wait :)
17-06-2007, 15:41   #334
Powerage

Total Posts: 1,584
After going in Rebels the 1st couple of weeks and really enjoying it I thought I would go last night and take some of my friends in as I was sure they would like it.

What on earth has happened to the good mix of both classic rock and new all we heard was new stuff.

My friends dont go to the Corp because of this problem I dont think they will be back to Rebels now in any hurry.

I like some of the new stuff but dont want to hear it all night and when it turned it to the totally crap American Pop Rock (Green Day etc) we left.

Bring back the orignal DJ is all I can say.
_______
gone shootin
17-06-2007, 23:31   #335
nightwish

Total Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerage View Post
After going in Rebels the 1st couple of weeks and really enjoying it I thought I would go last night and take some of my friends in as I was sure they would like it.

What on earth has happened to the good mix of both classic rock and new all we heard was new stuff.

My friends dont go to the Corp because of this problem I dont think they will be back to Rebels now in any hurry.

I like some of the new stuff but dont want to hear it all night and when it turned it to the totally crap American Pop Rock (Green Day etc) we left.

yes you are right they did not play a lot of classic rock and i dont like the poprock bands like greenday as well
maybe they had requests 4 them songs
_______
who is number 1
18-06-2007, 02:47   #336
mad_dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerage View Post

Sorry to hear you didnt like the music saturday, but i did play a mix of old and new (just been looking at the setlist), and yes i did get request for some new rock, i'll post the set list soon for you to see the mix that was played. End of the day we were ment to shut at 3am and people didnt want to leave and cheered for more so we went on till 3.20am till i called it a day. Oh and i am an original Rebels dj, thursdays and fridays at the old club, im saying no names but do you really want a certain dj that bigs himself up more on the mic than the music every 5 mins?

But music does move on as do punters choice in music. I'm here to take your requests at the end of the day to make your night your night and if we havent got it on the night we make sure its there the week after. Its a fineline now days with all the different styles going on to please everyone, but everyones input is more than welcome and taken on board.
peace and love to ya all.
dj rude dog
18-06-2007, 11:59   #337
nightwish

Total Posts: 693
Quote:
Sorry to hear you didnt like the music saturday, but i did play a mix of old and new (just been looking at the setlist), and yes i did get request for some new rock, i'll post the set list soon for you to see the mix that was played. End of the day we were ment to shut at 3am and people didnt want to leave and cheered for more so we went on till 3.20am till i called it a day. Oh and i am an original Rebels dj, thursdays and fridays at the old club, im saying no names but do you really want a certain dj that bigs himself up more on the mic than the music every 5 mins?

But music does move on as do punters choice in music. I'm here to take your requests at the end of the day to make your night your night and if we havent got it on the night we make sure its there the week after. Its a fineline now days with all the different styles going on to please everyone, but everyones input is more than welcome and taken on board.
peace and love to ya all.:

dj rude dog
I am glad to see you are interested in the views on this forum.

I do like new stuff and was on the dancefloor a lot but I just dont like pop rock unfortunately and that is a reason I dont go in Corp much as it seems to have taken over in there probably due to the amount of students
_______
who is number 1

Last edited by nightwish; 18-06-2007 at 12:05.
18-06-2007, 13:50   #338
rebels 100%

Total Posts: 24
saturday was a excellent night and hope two see more pepole there and the music was excellent dont forget mad dog disturbed all the way . the more pepole in there the better so come and make it a night out that u will love rock on
18-06-2007, 13:50   #339
Powerage

Total Posts: 1,584
Quote:

peace and love to ya all.
dj rude dog
I appreciate there are a lot of different styles but in the 2-3 hours we were in I only heard about 4 classic rock tracks.

I do like some new stuff so was on the dancefloor a bit but unfortunately my friends are not so up to date and only really like classic rock they were very dissapointed as were hopeing for a good mix of stuff. I think it will take some persuading to get them to go again.

I am not asking for all classic rock but for a good mix. I am only being truthful when I say I enjoyed the 1st 2 weeks better and can honestly say I never heard the DJ bigging himself up.

I am willing to give Rebs the benefit of the doubt and will see how things go but I am worried it will become a clone of the Corp.
_______
gone shootin
18-06-2007, 15:00   #340
mad_dog

First off just need to say sorry i thought when you said original dj i thought you ment from the old rebels club, dj didz who did the first few weeks at the new club is a good friend of mine so yeah i agree he dosnt big himself up, plus we aint got no mic socket thats why i shout thank you at the end of the night lol.

right here is the setlist from saturday 16th june, anything with a "r" next to it is a request.

oomph - augen auf
godhead - elenor rigsbie
him - buried alive by love
my chemical romance - teenagers
angles of death metal - i want you so bad
incubus - certain shade of green
sex pistols - pretty vacant "r"
testement - electric crown
clawfinger - the truth
senser - age of panic
faith no more - from out of nowhere
lost prophets - burn burn
slayer- raining blood "r"
megadeath - symphony of destruction
skid row - monkey business "r"
guns n roses - its so easy "r"
ac/dc - heatseeker "r"
iron maiden - run to the hills
zz top - gimme all your lovin
the doors - roadhouse blues
t-rex - 20th century boy
zodiac mindwarp - prime mover
alice cooper - poison "r"
marilyn manson - beautiful people
nine inch nails - closer "r"
white zombie - more human than human
the cult - sanctuary "r"
korn - freak on a leash "r"
rage against the machine - killing in the name of
house of pain - jump around
disturbed - down with the sickness "r"
tool - stinkfist "r"
queens of the stoneage - no-one knows "r"
nirvana - smells like teen spirit
drowning pool - bodies "r"
linkin park - one step closer
soundgarden - spoonman
limp bizkit - rollin "r"
metallica - enter sandman
gun - word up
linkin park - faint "r"
sum 41 - fat lip "r"
good charlotte - anthem "r"
blink 182 - all the small things
soil - halo
greenday - american idiot "r"
marilyn manson - personal jesus "r"
aerosmith - dude looks like a lady
motley crue - girls girls girls "r"
kiss - crazy nights "r"
bon jovi - livin on a prayer
def leppard - lets get rocked
aerosmith - walk this way "r"
lenny kravitz - are you gonna go my way
motorhead - ace of spades "r"
led zepplin - rock n roll "r"
faith no more - epic "r"
greenday - basket case "r"
nine inch nails - head like a hole "r"
the ramones - sheena is a punk rocker "r"
tempole tudor - sword of a thousand men
rocky horror picture show - time warp

Then I went over by 15 - 20 mins as people wanted more from rocky horror and then bugsy malone soundtracks.
Anything you want to see added to future playlist just let me know.

peace and love y'all

dj rude dog
Reply To Topic