IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum
Your message here

The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

03-06-2007, 19:20   #301
rebels 100%

Total Posts: 24
if ppl wud start thinking well its not packed and few ppl in then im leaving look ppl u hav a gd rock night and gd drink and cheep then it will and still is a gd night out
03-06-2007, 19:31   #302
nightwish

Total Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
So this has been going for about 2 weeks now... Can someone sum up the music? If its all classic rock, GnR etc im not that bothered. Same old tat everyone plays. We are seriously lacking some decent clubs in sheffield that dare to be a bit different.
yes you are right a lot of places do play the same old tat it would be nice to hear some different tracks at least if not different bands.

I cant comment as I didnt go sat as I am currently away on hols I am in a interent cafe but though I would see what comments where made this week.
_______
who is number 1

Last edited by nightwish; 03-06-2007 at 19:33.
03-06-2007, 19:47   #303
Jozafeen

Total Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwish View Post
yes you are right a lot of places do play the same old tat it would be nice to hear some different tracks at least if not different bands.

I cant comment as I didnt go sat as I am currently away on hols I am in a interent cafe but though I would see what comments where made this week.
We were going to write and post a setlist but miserably failed to remember you need paper for that!

We did really aim to play a big mix of classics and new stuff and tried to play all the requests we were swamped with so missed out on some genres altogether - the punk bit being the main one, mainly because the only request, nay demand, we had was to 'play a Clash song in the next two minutes or I'm leaving' - I'd just put on a 5 minute track and the guy kept to his word and had left before it ended!

The owners really are committed to making both The Tube and Rebels work, it's just a shame so many punters aren't giving it the chance it deserves at the moment.
_______
Clofink - Bespoke Clothing & Bridal Wear, Costumes & Corsets - Facebook page
04-06-2007, 12:35   #304
goldenfleece
PURPLE HAZE

Total Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozafeen View Post

We did really aim to play a big mix of classics and new stuff and tried to play all the requests we were swamped with so missed out on some genres altogether - the punk bit being the main one, mainly because the only request, nay demand, we had was to 'play a Clash song in the next two minutes or I'm leaving' - I'd just put on a 5 minute track and the guy kept to his word and had left before it ended!
Music was definitely much better than the first 2 Saturdays.......I think the real problem here is getting people to come back and give it a second chance, its a difficult one as the Sheffield rock scene went out en masse for the first Saturday, but are generally unforgiving and won't give something a second chance if they dont like it. It's a problem I have had with rock nights in the past, get the opening night wrong and it will just tail off rapidly......

The Dove crew called in Saturday night for a few beers, top tunes!!!! And in case everyone did not know, Newcastle Brown is now at a very sensible price
_______
http://www.rainbowmusicservices.co.uk/
Rainbow Music Services, background music for Business, Leisure and Retail
04-06-2007, 12:56   #305
WYEXILE

Total Posts: 948
Bring Back The Fez!!!!!!!!!!!
04-06-2007, 13:39   #306
rebels 100%

Bring Back The Fez What For It Was Dead
04-06-2007, 14:19   #307
WYEXILE

Total Posts: 948
Some of us happened to like it.
04-06-2007, 14:31   #308
Stormy

Total Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels 100% View Post
The Fez wasn't dead, far from it. I take it you never went to UG, Pinup or any of the other events which were packed out week in week out?

Trust me the Fez is a classic venue, the dance community in Sheffield know this and there is a lot of good business sense to be said for reopening the Fez with a decent soundsystem in as a dance venue again. You would have it full right from day one, and there'd be none of this bickering that we're seeing on this thread.

Last edited by Stormy; 04-06-2007 at 15:44.
05-06-2007, 12:06   #309
metalheadz2

Total Posts: 50
Quote:
yes u hav been voted out of the big brother house / metalheads u may leave the house lol come back whith some thin good metalheads lol
LOL LOL LOL I am back and ready for action LOL LOL
Rebels sucks and so does the Tube......I am off home to the States in 2 weeks so you have another 13 days of me LOL

me myself I will be going to rebels friday night to see if if it has got betta....LOL
05-06-2007, 12:09   #310
Ghostrider

Total Posts: 8,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheads View Post
Rebels sucks and so does the Tube......I am off home to the States in 2 weeks so you have another 13 days of me LOL

me myself I will be going to rebels friday night to see if if it has got betta....LOL
Looks like we will finally meet
05-06-2007, 12:11   #311
Jozafeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheads View Post

You do know Friday is Indie night there don't you? Only Saturdays are rock!
_______
05-06-2007, 14:02   #312
rebels 100%

thank u for that jozafeen fri has been a mixture of rock and indie but sat is nothing but rock for what iv seen of it so far lol lol hahahahaha keep it going rebels
06-06-2007, 23:03   #313
goldenfleece
PURPLE HAZE

Total Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiRider View Post
Looks like we will finally meet
you dont wanna meet this girl......motor mouth!!! She will tear u to shreds with one lash of her tongue!!!!!
_______
http://www.rainbowmusicservices.co.uk/
Rainbow Music Services, background music for Business, Leisure and Retail
07-06-2007, 09:13   #314
Tony

Total Posts: 22,415
Send a message via MSN to Tony
Mod note: Various posts have been deleted. Pack in the uncalled for abuse. I'll ban the next person that transgresses.
_______
It's the devil's advocaat innit
Otherwise, occasionally gone.
07-06-2007, 22:49   #315
djbob

Total Posts: 22
Hello all you who remember me. At the moment I am a coach driver, driving around europe and all over britain. Interesting to see that rebs has reopened. I wish Steve Baxendale all the best for his latest venture. I dont suppose rebs 2 will ever be as good as rebs 1. Rebs 1 was not just the music but the people as well. All the different characters that used to go in were responsible for making rebs 1 so good. Who can forget Shirley dancing to Deep Purple, Martin with all his fuzzy hair dancing to UFO and the crack pot who used run across the dance floor at the end of an AC/DC record and jump to a stop like Angus Young. Do you remember Norman the glass collecter who like Madness, I think he is a postie now. How about Roz the barmaid who didnt like Ron the manager and made it perfectly clear as well. I wonder what happened to Ron the only man who could face forward yet still see you at the side of him (those eyes !!) creepy.

If I ever get a weekend off I will visit Rebs 2. As for the music well it cant be the same as there is so much good music about these days. I hope they will get a good mix of the old music and the new. If they want to borrow any records I still have my record collection Including a very worn out Dont Stop Believing by Journey.

All the best to everyone who has mentioned me on the various posts on the forum and to Wallbuilder for the embarassing photo of me on the Rebels web page as well as all the other interesting photos of a lot of the original customers of Rebels

Cheers BOB
08-06-2007, 10:37   #316
Jozafeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbob View Post
If I ever get a weekend off I will visit Rebs 2. As for the music well it cant be the same as there is so much good music about these days. I hope they will get a good mix of the old music and the new. If they want to borrow any records I still have my record collection Including a very worn out Dont Stop Believing by Journey.

Cheers BOB
We're actually trying to play a bit more old than new on Saturdays and you'll be happy to hear that, despite it now being a couple of decades old, that Journey song is still filling the dancefloor!
_______
08-06-2007, 14:26   #317
rebels 100%

be nice 2 hera a bit of disturebed on the line up on a sat like /dowen whith the sick ness song that is gd and a bit of motley crew
08-06-2007, 14:47   #318
Jozafeen

Quote:
be nice 2 hera a bit of disturebed on the line up on a sat like /dowen whith the sick ness song that is gd and a bit of motley crew
As we played both bands last week - were you 100% absent? Hope you are going to be there tomorrow!
_______
09-06-2007, 13:48   #319
nightwish

Total Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozafeen View Post
As we played both bands last week - were you 100% absent? Hope you are going to be there tomorrow!
have you got the new Scorpions, Linkin Park, Motorhead, Ozzy cd's?

If not would you like copies? I can do you some when I get back off hols if you hav'nt got them.
_______
who is number 1
09-06-2007, 15:08   #320
discodown
Armageddon!

Total Posts: 10,622
Quote:
No it wasn't. It was a classic venue that was superb and is sadly missed by the dance community in sheffield.
_______
I hate a good many things, but I suffer them all the same.

Stannis Baratheon
Reply To Topic