Beauty Queen and Single

This is a bit like being in the confessional room, but for my sins, I've watched all six episodes of this new reality TV series on iplayer. It's unbelievably shallow, but like 'Made in Chelsea', it exerts a strange fascination. Six Irish beauty queens agree to make a huge sacrifice and go on dates with 5 different men NOT WEARING THEIR MAKEUP!!! They then choose which of the men they'd like to go on another date with. They say things like: "If I'm going on a date on Saturday night, I start getting ready during the week," and "I'll turn up to a date late but I won't turn up ugly." I wonder why they're all still single.

This is a bit like being in the confessional room, but for my sins, I've watched all six episodes of this new reality TV series on iplayer. It's unbelievably shallow, but like 'Made in Chelsea', it exerts a strange fascination. Six Irish beauty queens agree to make a huge sacrifice and go on dates with 5 different men NOT WEARING THEIR MAKEUP!!! They then choose which of the men they'd like to go on another date with. They say things like: "If I'm going on a date on Saturday night, I start getting ready during the week," and "I'll turn up to a date late but I won't turn up ugly." I wonder why they're all still single.

Why do they have to marry? There are lots of other options for smart, good-looking young ladies than being married, especially for the sake of it.There is no stigma to being single these days. This is 2018, not 1958.

Why do they have to marry? There are lots of other options for smart, good-looking young ladies than being married, especially for the sake of it.There is no stigma to being single these days. This is 2018, not 1958.

yeah, they could be walk-on girls at a darts game.

yeah, they could be walk-on girls at a darts game.

They just stopped doing that, try to keep up or I'll send Halibut after ya.:P