Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Heard a representative of Amey on the radio the other day,he was bragging they had done over 350 miles of road resurfacing in Sheffield.I got to wondering where this has been done,I can't think of 35 miles,let alone 350,Whatever part of Sheffield I travel to I have to avoid potholes so I wonder if other Forum readers have any ideas.I do however see plenty of pavement work being done especially where nobody ever walks(eg on the Bithums).

Sheffield has about 1220 miles of roads according to what I've read in The Star.

Lots of roads were resurfaced before the tour de yorkshire.

Sheffield has about 1220 miles of roads according to what I've read in The Star.

So if 350 miles have been done we should see roughly one in four roads with new tarmac,I'm sure this is not the case.

It's probably 350miles x 25mm, I think I've got a biro that's done about 350 miles:hihi:

Is that including the re resurfacing they have had to do...

Was that part of the scheme though, because some were done a year or two before the Tour weren't they??

A lot of the route of the tour d France/pothole were done before that race so the watching world didnt see what third world roads sheffields drivers had to suffer.

I thought they were scheduled to have done nearly all the roads by the end of this year?

I thought they were scheduled to have done nearly all the roads by the end of this year?

According to this 2012 article in The Star

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/smooth-operators-sheffield-s-2-billion-road-resurfacing-streets-revealed-1-4751566

the work is to be done over 5 years.

The roads around the area i live have been sorted out and are lovely and smooth to drive over !

As roads have been a major topic of conversation on this forum since its inception perhaps people might be inclined to attend one of the road shows.

That way, they can pose their questions to someone who may actually know the answer.