Inside death row music

does anyone know what the pieces of music are on this program, particularly the one in the middleish bit?

Iron and Wine - 16, Maybe Less

Tom Waits - Walk Away

could be this

I saw the programme but i didn't pay much attension to the music, gloomy as it was and far from a comfortable watch the programme subject itself distracted me from the music.

I agree janie48, it was a superb program, gloomy yes, but very much an eyeopener in many ways, bravo to Sir Trevor McDonald.

I agree janie48, it was a superb program, gloomy yes, but very much an eyeopener in many ways, bravo to Sir Trevor McDonald.

Yes Sir Trevor never fails to impress.It was a very disturbing insight into a system that is difficult to comprehend.

It did made me wonder if anyone viewing the programme who had believed in the death penality would have had a change of mind after.

I did think it seemed rather ludicrous to sentence so many people to be executed and then make them serve a sentence of 25 years and more as they await that fate,including the one who had been there since the age of 13.

Not that i am in any way condoning the despicable murders they had been found guilty of, but those selected to speak about their unspeakable crimes were clearly damaged at the time the crimes were commmitted,or was that an excuse they were making?

It certainly raises a lot of questions! One of the details it revealed is that the prison Governor who presides at the executions in the Indiana state prison appeared to have a compassionate nature towards the prisoners that were referred to,but still believed the system was correct.

The bloke at the end [bayer i think]when he was talking about his upbringing,i did feel slightly sorry for him,he then went on to say what his crime was,must say he fully deserves the death penalty.

The bloke at the end [bayer i think]when he was talking about his upbringing,i did feel slightly sorry for him,he then went on to say what his crime was,must say he fully deserves the death penalty.

Yes i know what you mean about "feeling pity" Its disturbing to feel like that towards the perpetrator when you measure it against the feelings you have for the victims,and the relatives left to suffer,but there are plenty of instances where the relatives of victims have spoken out against the death penalty.

I am opposed to it,but its easy enough to say when none of my own loved ones have been victims,how i would be affected then may be different.