Splash ! Did you watch it? What a disappointment !

Did you see the new ITV programme " Splash" last Saturday night ? In the previews it seemed like an interesting programme, but was very disappointing.! Tom Daley teaches Z list celebrities to dive, but somehow it just didnt come off. It showed you them first turning up at the baths, then finally diving,but no in between parts, showing the actual lessons. The celebrities were genuinely scared to dive, but its not entertainment.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 09:03 ----------

Did you see the new ITV programme " Splash" last Saturday night ? In the previews it seemed like an interesting programme, but was very disappointing.! Tom Daley teaches Z list celebrities to dive, but somehow it just didnt come off. It showed you them first turning up at the baths, then finally diving,but no in between parts, showing the actual lessons. The celebrities were genuinely scared to dive, but its not entertainment.:rolleyes:
I dont know whether it will pick up next week but I shant be watching.

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 09:03 ----------

I dont know whether it will pick up next week but I shant be watching.

Agreed!.........................another rubbish same old formula program drummed up to make money out of voters!

Did you see the new ITV programme " Splash" last Saturday night ? In the previews it seemed like an interesting programme, but was very disappointing.

Really? Your expectation level was raised that much? :hihi:

Apparently it pulled in 6.1. million viewers - doubt whether it will next week though!

Whoever dreams up commisions these programmes must think that the viewing public are dullards.

Apparently it pulled in 6.1. million viewers - doubt whether it will next week though!

Whoever dreams up commisions these programmes must think that the viewing public are dullards.

Yes, they are all jumping on the Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice bandwagon. " Lets get some celebs, and make them do something they havent done before." Really ? Why not try Bradley Wiggins coaching celebs to cycle race next ?:rolleyes:

It's got to be Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards teaching them to ski jump next surely?

I think an even better idea would be to get some well known writers, directors etc to teach programme makers how to make interesting programmes.

Lets get this straight, Tom Daley teaches some total non-entity celebs to dive into a swiming pool, prime time on a Saturday night and you expected it to be good!!!

These "celebs" learning to do various things shows are scraping the bottom of the barrel big time and should cease.

It's got to be Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards teaching them to ski jump next surely?

Hes in the diving programme next Saturday I believe.:rolleyes:

I saw this advertised and thought wtf? How is that going to be remotely interesting, other than for the morbid fascination when some x-lister smashes their face in..

At least with Strictly etc.. there's a modicum of entertainment however slight!

I think they're banking on millions of frustrated middle aged women tuning in to ogle and fantasise about Tom Daley (sorry Pattricia!).