Anyone remember the Shack cafe?

Does anyone remember the shack café off west street,used to come out of Glossop rd baths and demolish a bread cake with mucky dripping or a toasted teacake.

I remember greasy vera's on a Saturday night. :-)

Yes, I remember The Shack coffee bar, used to go in there , still at school, looking for excitement,pretending to like drinking coffee, and of course not to be found in 'The Shack.'

When we left school we were able to explore more pleasable venues in the quest to meet girls.

Gary Marshman

Yes the good old Shack !! There is another thread about it somewhere.

Run by Miss Blaskey (who I think is still alive?)

Often frequented by well known actors/musicians appearing in Sheffield.

My Mum worked there in the eves. when I was a young kid, I remember

going with my Dad to pick her up after work.

Also remember seeing the massive coffee machine, it was probably

not that big but seemed it to a little kid.

Yes, I dearly remember "The Shack", which used to be on Convent Walk, just across from Glossop Road baths. It was my favourite eating place after a swimming session in the baths and used to sell the best hot dogs I have ever eaten. I used to feel very grown up sitting there with my frothy coffee. My favourite seat was one of the bar stools facing the wall, as the wall was decorated with a large picture of a mountain scene.

Sadly it closed years ago and the premises first became The Continental Restaurant, then Piccolos Italian Restaurant which it still is.

Edited by earthdragon

Remember it well.Our old youth club on the Herdings had a bloke called Roy Gall (may have spelled it wrong) who used to help run it and his daughter Susan worked there.

Lovely bloke, think he lived above the bank adjacent to the cafe.

I used to call in there for a coffee with my friend Joan before we went to the Wrestling over the road in Somme Barracks

I used to work at the Shack many years ago, mainly just Saturdays but some evenings as well.   I loved it, and met a lot of slightly famous people too.   I made the drinks and took the orders for the cook to prepare, the coffee machine was huge and scared the life out of me at first but I soon got used to the noise and the steam.   There used to be an office upstairs, but to access it there was a pull down ladder so when we went up to get our wages, everyone sitting at the tables got an eyefull!  We werent allowed to wear trousers lol.