Johnny Fantham Wednesday legend goalscoring record

I remember one of my Charles Buchan's Football Monthlys (1/6d from all good newsagents) having a 'Cars of the Stars' feature. Johnny had a Renault Dauphine, yellow if memory serves.

Old post I know, but I'll add a bit. Through the sixties John Fantham had a high turnover of cars, most of them European in manufacture, Renault Dauphine, VW Beetle and "razor edge" Karmann Ghia, various Fiat's. He was a regular visitor at Sandygate Motors and "test drove" anything of interest that they had in. They had the Goggomobil franchise and I've recently seen a picture of him behind the wheel of one- I think it might have been a publicity shot. I recall him driving a couple of Mercedes but I don't remember him ownng anything particularly exotic for any length of time.

His wife, Carol had the hardware shop at Crosspool.

Johnny Fanthan Wednesday Legend Goalscoring Record.

David T post 84: “Thanks, I’m not going bonkers then.”

Anyone praising a member of the Waffen SS has surely gone bonkers!!

Unfortunately, at the War’s end Britain took in over 9000 Waffen SS people and allowed them to start a new life here. These persons had pled with the British authorities not to be sent back home (East European Countries) because they felt Stalin would have had them killed. These morons escaped justice!

I wonder how many people they murdered on the way to Stalingrad, and in Stalingrad. How many Allies and civilians did they kill in France? A deplorable bunch of criminals.

Clement Attlee’s pot-war government actually favoured Eastern Europeans over non-whites and Jewish Holocaust Survivors.

David Cesarani wrote a book… Justice Delayed. It explains how Britain became a refuge for Nazi war criminals. There are reviews on Amazon about this book.

Hair-cut Sir? Ugh.

Johnny Fanthan Wednesday Legend Goalscoring Record.

David T post 84: “Thanks, I’m not going bonkers then.”

Anyone praising a member of the Waffen SS has surely gone bonkers!!

Unfortunately, at the War’s end Britain took in over 9000 Waffen SS people and allowed them to start a new life here. These persons had pled with the British authorities not to be sent back home (East European Countries) because they felt Stalin would have had them killed. These morons escaped justice!

I wonder how many people they murdered on the way to Stalingrad, and in Stalingrad. How many Allies and civilians did they kill in France? A deplorable bunch of criminals.

Clement Attlee’s pot-war government actually favoured Eastern Europeans over non-whites and Jewish Holocaust Survivors.

David Cesarani wrote a book… Justice Delayed. It explains how Britain became a refuge for Nazi war criminals. There are reviews on Amazon about this book.

Hair-cut Sir? Ugh.

Bang on ,In the building trade I came across many who had been prisoners of war, many from Poland and Eastern Europe ,this was in the 60's,being inquisitive Would ask why they had not gone home after the war . usually no answer or a shrug the shoulder , even today those that are left will not visit the Country of their birth for some reason.

Apart from that Johnny Fantham was one of the nicest blokes to have walked the Planet.