Yorkshire cricket

We, ve been given a second chance, but we have to improve the top order performances.

Morning Alan, What a turnaround, looks like there going to win, after that disasterous start.

Hi Padders, and to think they say football is a funny old game. this one really took the biscuit, all out before midday, twenty two wickets fall in the first days play and we get a result with a session to spare. You have to take your hat off to them but we must have more consistency from the top order batsmen if we are to be this seasons champions.Not a problem with the bowling attack we are more than able to get a team out twice. time will tell.

---------- Post added 12-05-2018 at 13:27 ----------

Lyth and Lees couldn,t open a tin of tomatoes.

Hi Padders, and to think they say football is a funny old game. this one really took the biscuit, all out before midday, twenty two wickets fall in the first days play and we get a result with a session to spare. You have to take your hat off to them but we must have more consistency from the top order batsmen if we are to be this seasons champions.Not a problem with the bowling attack we are more than able to get a team out twice. time will tell.

---------- Post added 12-05-2018 at 13:27 ----------

Lyth and Lees couldn,t open a tin of tomatoes.

And Pujara,bring Boycott back.

Wow, what a scintillating display of batting by Yorkshire again. The coach has certainly proved his worth this last 2 seasons=Nowt! Please Mr Mediocrity-Resign!

Vitality Blast at Chesterfield.

Why did they toss the ball to Bresnan for the last over after they'd taken him off for conceding 17 off his first over?

The other four had used there allocation of four overs and Willey had bowled the previous over so it was Bresnan or a non bowl er.

The other four had used there allocation of four overs and Willey had bowled the previous over so it was Bresnan or a non bowl er.

Cheers Alan. Bad match management then to underuse Willey.

As always Jim, with hindsight. You dammed if you do and you dammed if you dont

Actually it was Patterson who bowled the previous over, so they had a choice between Bresnan or Willey. It appears they chose incorrectly, but from what I heard the batsman gave it a right heave-ho in the final over so it could have been the same outcome.

Beaten by Derbyshire again. Walloped this time.

Beaten by Derbyshire again. Walloped this time.

Walloped? I think you are being kind Jim. I would have used the word slaughtered! It was painful to watch on the live stream. Looks like another season when we win nothing, and I believe we never will with the inept Gale in charge. The only time I want to see a sentence with the words Gale and Coach in it is if he was driving it.

---------- Post added 31-07-2018 at 20:46 ----------

Practically the same team turn up tonight and appear to be giving Leicestershire a tonking.

Inconsistent is the word I would use for Yorkshire's performances.

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 10:03 ----------

Another cricketer has left Yorkshire. Alex Lees, who has struggled in the past 16 months under who else...Gale, has left the club for Durham. Well Good Luck and Best Wishes to Alex, I hope he flourishes and has a great future..nice lad.

So, Lees joins Plunkett and possibly Adil Rashid as players to go. Not forgetting Will Rhodes who left last season. Funny that none of them got on with his ineptness Galeylad.

Yorkshire lost yesterday, can"t help thinking they would have won with a few more runs on the board..

Now had Joe Root played, could have been a different story, but Joe never plays, he"s always on England duty..

I don"t think it"s fair when your best players never play, wonder if Yorkshire get compensated for being deprived of a chance to be county champions.