Neighbourhood crime rates

Hi, I am wondering what would be the best way to find out about crime in a certain area of Sheffield. I have checked the online sites but they seem to vary and therefore I don't have much faith in their validity. Would it be appropriate to ring the police that service the Post Code? I don't want to bother them, but not sure what else to do....The area in question is S12, specifically Alnwick Rd...in case anyone knows this area...Many thanks!

Have a look at this. It breaks down small collections of streets across the country and ranks them based on how "deprived" they are according to a number of criteria (levels of education, earnings, crime etc.) The higher the number, the less deprived a place is. The data is from 2015.

http://dclgapps.communities.gov.uk/imd/idmap.html

Zoom in onto Alnwick Road and select the handcuff icon. For crime, part of the road is rated as 21,074 out of 32,844 LSOAs in England (amongst the 40% least deprived areas), and half is ranked 11,060 out of 32,844 (amongst the 40% most deprived). On the whole, it seems like the road is kind of average for crime.

In terms of its overall score (click on the IMD icon), the first half of the road is ranked 18,502 out of 32,844 (amongst the 50% least deprived) and the second half is ranked 10,791 out of 32,844 (amongst the 40% most deprived).