Cliff Richards house raided - investigation now dropped

Poor SY Police are certainly having a bad press at the moment.

Thye've now been described as inept for the way they handled the raid on Cliff Richard's house and the information they gave to the BBC prior to the raid.

Committee chairman Keith Vaz said: "South Yorkshire Police's handling of this situation was utterly inept. The force allowed itself to hand over sensitive information to a journalist and granted him privileged access to the execution of a search warrant.

"The email exchanges could easily be mistaken for a script from The Bill."

It must be demoralising for the many good and hardworking police officers to have to read constant criticism.

Thye've now been described as inept for the way they handled the raid on Cliff Richard's house and the information they gave to the BBC prior to the raid.

Committee chairman Keith Vaz said: "South Yorkshire Police's handling of this situation was utterly inept. The force allowed itself to hand over sensitive information to a journalist and granted him privileged access to the execution of a search warrant.

It must be demoralising for the many good and hardworking police officers to have to read constant criticism.

Yes - and, sadly, these are the ones who are most likely to vote with their feet - the ones who really care and who are generally the ones out on the street - not the ones who make the decisions and are hidden away in their ivory towers.

Folk need to remember this amidst all this madness.

Edited by Daven

I keep saying it, one day you may find out yourself.

Had a few very good and positive experiences with Yorkshire police but that was while I was still driving in good presentable vehicles and they thought I was someone respectable.

As soon as that was gone SYP behaved like some inept nutters even worse than what I may appear to sound like on this forum sometimes.

They even beat up epileptics if you don't remember?

It seems to have gone quiet on the Cliff Richard case!! Wonder who accused him?

It seems to have gone quiet on the Cliff Richard case!! Wonder who accused him?

The accused offences are older than the date of birth of many forumers here.

When you take decennia old offences like this it should be treated like some old case and investigated as such, not like some brand new offence that just happened yesterday.

if nothing comes of this it could cost SYP rather a lot in damages

I don't think Cliff would be the type to sue, possibly extract some assurances with regards to behaviour. I would like to think he would know suing SYP in these times of austerity and cutbacks would only effect the general public

not looking good lol

first the hillsborough debacle, then the rovrem grooming gang, now this Oo

Clearly we need a police commissioner to sort them out!

(strictly tongue in cheek)

Clearly we need a police commissioner to sort them out!

(strictly tongue in cheek)

or a harry roberts

ok ok i was joking

That is a very polite way of putting it.SYP are beyond INEPT, Keystone cops spring's to mind.

That is a very polite way of putting it.SYP are beyond INEPT, Keystone cops spring's to mind.

nah! the keystone cops (from what i can remember) were funny and entertaining with their brand of slapstic, SYP are anything but.