Three Valleys Beer & Cider Festival - Sat 2nd June 2012

Loving the festival, but didn't manage to get on a bus :(

I have 1 question..... What happened after 8pm? It all got a bit hazy.

I somehow managed to get home, only to be awoken at some point in the night by my OH returning. I didn't even realise he wasn't with me. Lol.

Marvellous!!

I think I can top that though.....I went home to the wrong house. :D

I was supposed to be going back to High Green, but by force of habit got out of my taxi at Grenoside to go to my parents.

I had to send a text to my Mrs who wasn't happy. I thought I was quiet getting into my parents, but my Dad heard me and thought they'd got burglars. He caught me downstairs raiding their pantry for food :hihi:

We started at the Three Tuns, walked up to Dronfield Arms, had another walk to Coach and Horses and finally caught the beer bus to Barlow Brewery.....although everything was becoming hazy by then.

Best beers of the day were Axe Edge and Canonball, both on Coach and Horses.

Thanks to all involved for organising it......Although I am feeling a little ropey this morning.

Regards

Doom

Jolly Farmer - Done

Miners Arms - Done

Coach and Horses - Done

Dronfield Arms - Done. I loved- LOVED Junkyard Dog

Three Tunns - Done

You must have followed us round. Even a bit of rain couldn't dampen Junk Yard Dog. My favourite was Leeds IPA at Dronfield Arms. Worst was Pheasant Plucker cider at Coach & Horses. A bit of a minger if you ask me.

Great pork & apple burgers at Dronfield Arms.

All in all a great day with barely standing room anywhere we went, despite hundreds of folk drinking in the car parks.

Marvellous!!

I think I can top that though.....I went home to the wrong house. :D

I was supposed to be going back to High Green, but by force of habit got out of my taxi at Grenoside to go to my parents.

I had to send a text to my Mrs who wasn't happy. I thought I was quiet getting into my parents, but my Dad heard me and thought they'd got burglars. He caught me downstairs raiding their pantry for food :hihi:

We started at the Three Tuns, walked up to Dronfield Arms, had another walk to Coach and Horses and finally caught the beer bus to Barlow Brewery.....although everything was becoming hazy by then.

Best beers of the day were Axe Edge and Canonball, both on Coach and Horses.

Thanks to all involved for organising it......Although I am feeling a little ropey this morning.

Regards

Doom

Lol - I know how your parents must have felt.

I was trying to wake my fella- telling him someone was in the house and had let the dogs out of the cage. I couldn't rouse him for the life of me. It took a couple of minutes for me to realise I was shaking a pillow and it was my fella that had awoken the dogs. :)

This morning when I got up, both the front and the back doors were open. Eeek.

Worse thing was, when I went out to get breakfast, I tried unlocking the front door with the beepy thing for the car. :(

Great night- met heaps of ace people, drank some good and bad cider.

Kept an eye out for Andy C to say congrats on the success of the event, but didn't see him.

Add me to the casualty list; I left the front door unlocked and feel ropey today. :gag:

Went to Dronny Arms, 3 Tuns (gave up. big queues and a farce with the pumps), Coach and Horses, Miners Arms, Barlow Brewery and finished at Horns Inn.

Top event. Best beers for me were also Cannonball and Axe Edge.

We could end up with an exciting race between man and machine.

I've just noticed our train gets into Dore Station at 12.21 and the beer bus arrives at 12.22.....We may have to get the Dore member of our group to throw himself in front of the bus to hold it up. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Was it you hta tcaused all the buses to be late then !

Really enjoyed it. Got the bus to Barlow Brewery, from there to Horns Inn, which was the pick of the bunch for me. DarkStar Saison at the Horns Inn was the beer of the festival as well in my opinion.

Long wait for bus to Hearty Oak, where I had a quick half of Ashover Liquoirice Alesort before walking to the Coach & Horses, which was very good. Had Buxton Axe Edge, Oakham JHB and Thornbridge Crux.

From there quickly to Dronfield Arms before finishing at 3 Tuns. Top stuff!

Advance information for the 2013 festival......

Initial discussions have been had....

Here is the detail known so far.

Date - Saturday 8th June

The venues:

Coach & Horses - outside bar, bands and BBQ

Dronfield Arms - outside bar, bands and catering

Three Tuns - extra beer and cider, outside food and entertainment

Jolly Farmer - extra beer, food available

Miners Arms - beer and food.

Castle Inn - beer, cider, food, music

Horns Inn - Festival bar showcasing beer from Acorn Brewery, BBQ, music

Barlow Brewery - brewery showcase, music, food.

More venues yet to be confirmed.

Buses

new timetable written that is a bit more robust and as a result should see much improved timekeeping!

Two routes Dronfield>Dronfield Woodhouse>Dronfield and Barlow>Holmesfield>Dronfield Woodhouse>Bradway>Totley>Holmesfield>Barlow circular. Both routes will run every half hour with interchange between the two at the Miners Arms.

No Rutland again? And is the George and Dragon no good?(close to Horns).

Reading some of the comments above regarding last years event, I think this beer festival should carry a Government health warning. :hihi:

This event is already pencilled into my diary. Whilst the quality and choice of the beers may not be up there with some of the better beer festivals, what makes this one is the variety of venues.

Regards

Doom

Edited by Doom

No Rutland again? And is the George and Dragon no good?(close to Horns).

Both decent pubs and have again been invited to take part, however it is up to them whether they choose to. This does require them to make a financial contribution to the cost of the buses and flyers as well as make an effort to put something special on.

There are still more venues to be announced once confirmed.

I guessbRutland is very small to cope with the amount of folk unless they put a lot on outside - ? Never been in G & D but looks nice enough.

Vague plan to get to ALL pubs this year but that was a plan hatched on the top deck back from Barlow late on the Saturday night! :thumbsup: