Private land for new driver training ?

Its my daughters 17th birthday today and I'd like to take her to have a drive somewhere.

As her provisional hasn't arrived yet can anyone recommend anywhere that we could go legally ?

Lightwood is closed today :-(

Thanks.

i used to take my daughter to the big overflow car park at archer road tescos, its on the left as you drive in its usually totally empty, i think some driving schools practise there as well on occasion.

i used to take my daughter to the big overflow car park at archer road tescos, its on the left as you drive in its usually totally empty, i think some driving schools practise there as well on occasion.

I'm not sure you could drive there legally without a licence...it may be a car park but I suspect it'd be regarded as a public place should anything go wrong..

I'm not sure you could drive there legally without a licence...it may be a car park but I suspect it'd be regarded as a public place should anything go wrong..

I'm sure that's true, and would your insurance cover someone without a licence?

If not, that's a decent sized fine and 6 points each. :-(

Someone I used to work with let her friend drive her car in a supermarket car park at night. The friend had no licence and my workmate had only been driving for around a year.

I cant remember the exact details but they got caught and my workmate lost her licence.

Remember also that a lot of car parks these days use ANPR cameras and can and will invoice the registered keeper £100 for use of the car park outside its terms and conditions - check the signs in the car park carefully. Sometimes those terms include not using the car park when the supermarket (or whatever) is closed.

Used to use the prisoner of war camp up Wyming Brook but its probably not there now as it was in 1960.

Many thanks for all the replies.

After I posted I called DVLA to see if the provisional had been issued (I only posted it Monday). Guess what, her licence had been issued !!

Insurance & tax sorted by 10am.

A few circles around the car park next to the POW camp at Redmires then 3 trips upto the dams and back at 20mph.

God knows how anyone could be a driving instructor.

But one very happy girl and once again, thank you all for the reply.

Lightwood driver centre

Lightwood driver centre

It was closed today !

pulically accessible , vehicle and driver need to be legal