Swallownest School 1948

Hi my name is Lenny/Len Lunn,

I am wondering if anybody remembers me as its been a long time since I've spoken to anybody from Swallownest OR Fence.

My Facebook name is Leonard Lunn, please don't hesitate to send me a friend request.

I have been trying to remember you but cannot - but my old school friend in the UK, David Holt feels he may do. We both remember Hazel Lumb who was at Fence School with David and Peter Taylor because they were both in our year at Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1958. David lived on Coalbrook Estate near Iron Bridge and Peter lived on Faulkener Lane

I remember Margaret Foster and her family, Merediths, Margaret Reynolds, Ken Siddall etc

I lived on Park Hill in the last houses before the field and then the Henry Boot Houses our next door neighbour was Stella Chambers and her parents

My name is Victor Marshall Hutchinson - my Father was involved in TV repairs at the time

I left Swallownest in 1979 and moved to Driffield near Bridlington and at start of 2007 to Malaysia. Now at 78 I spend 2/3 weeks in Malaysia then 2/3 weeks in Dubai and Oman - right now I am in Dubai and will return to Malaysia on an overnight flight on Friday 20th

Nice to hear

hello victor, thanks for reply,will be in touch later with maybe some names to jog your memory.

Hi Len are you any relation to Beryl Lunn who lived on Ashley Grove off Lodge Lane.

hello bullerboy, no relatives in aston as far as i am aware.

Hi Len. My name is Keith Taylor. I left Swallownest School in Easter 1950. At the time I was living at Mansfield Road Aston. Sorry your name does not ring any bells but you may be able to throw some more names up that might jog my memory.

Nice to see your name pop up Keith - hope you are ok and enjoying life. How is Philip Booth not heard from him for a long time but of course I have lived here in Malaysia since early 2007 Best Wishes - Victor

Hi Keith,

Here are a few names to jog your memory:

Terry Stocks

Jeff Storey

Denis Wisehall

Brian Liley

Brian Watkinson

Lionel - His mum would serve school dinners at the Welfare Hall

Dorothy Taylor

Shirley Gough

Jean, Brenda & Jo Dean

Pete Sigsworth

Clarence (his nick name was Cag moore, from Park Hill)

Ainsley (Jo Wetherall)

Also, do you remember Mr Cawthorne? He was the woodwork teacher.

Mr Layne's school garden & that was over the wall from Fowlers shop.

I was born in Fence Cottages in 1936 which they demolished in the early 50's to build the NCB workshops, I moved up to Swallownest School about 1948 but I did go to Fence school in the early years.

Hope this jogs your memory, I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Len Lunn

Do you remember David Holt at Fence School.

He later went to Woodhouse Grammar School along with Hazel Lumb and Petr Taylor - would be September 1951

The name Terry Stocks, Denis Wisehall and Brian Lilley I do recall

Best Wishes - Victor

Hi LenLun. Most of the names you listed i do remember.How about a few more.Pete Bennett (post office)Terry Whittaker Mac Watta Ron Dawson Brian Wells Ken Booker Derek Thompson Alan Atkinson Terry Radford. Albert Sherritt and Roy Allen who were both my groomsmen when i got married. Colin Driver who lives only 30 mins drive from me in Melbourne and we have been friends all our lives. I think i could give a lot more names but dont know what has happened to them. All the best from keith taylor ex aughton aston and swallownest.

hi keith, thanks for the reply remember most of the names and there faces.

cheers lenlunn

does anyone remember billy bucks garage between siddalls pub and albert shaws haidressers at swallownest?