Smartphones £80-£120 with removable apps

My current Alcatel Pop 4, like many phones, has apps that can't be deleted (only disabled), that I don't use, and, that take up valuable memory space (only 8Gb).

I've got a expansion card, but apps can't go on that.

I've tried rooting the phone, but that hasn't worked.

So I want a new phone. I've been told that on Samsung phones, users can delete all (non system essential apps).

Internet research is not confirming that.

Can anyone let me know whether it is the case that on all Samsungs users can delete all (non system essential apps), or, whether that is not the case?

Alternatively, any other phone brands in that range with the same feature?

(I'm not interested in advice on rooting, or trying to shift apps to memory card etc).

Thanks in advance.

Hello you must be able to delete the app ...

I remember on my first smartphone about 8 years ago it was a basic one and you had to go into the settings to delete it OR go to the app store where it came from and it said remove/uninstall on there OR hold it down the app and it might have a cross in the corner of it ?

If its a network provided phone they will have none standard, none removable apps also...

But there are always to remove them totally...

Hi, I would upgrade to an affordable android that has 32 Gb of Storage at the very least if you can afford it as storage will be in one place and no expansion so should keep you happy with what you want. ;-)

You want to buy this one. Definitely best buy!

Motorola G5, 169 £ in Argos

Edited by Guest

I had a Moto G, pretty decent phone, and not filled with bloat ware apps. For me, I'd be considering getting a global edition phone (probably a xioami) from China. May need to pay import taxes though.

A lot of the lower value phones are chocked to the gunnels with bloatwear. I bought out las a Samsung J3-6 8gb, 6.5gb was full of crap that you can’t get rid off unless you jailbreak it and install a generic firmware.

I popped a 16gb SD card in to give him a little more room but still can’t install much as the phones internal memory is constantly full even with apps moved to the card.

Have a look at the Wileyfox Spark X dual sim free @£115.00 at Tesco and probably less elsewhere.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/wileyfox-spark-x-cyanogen-dual-sim-free-55-black/478-6029.prd?source=others

I have the lesser version the Spark + and its is a very good responsive phone, and because its a Cyanogen version of android it has very little bloatware.

+1 to this. Get it from the Tesco or Argos outlet on Ebay though - £120 and still with full 12 month warranty.