The mess that is Sheffield Wednesday..

Read this the other day and thought just how true it is! As a Blade I have to say I enjoyed reading it. I'm sure Owls fans won't though! But maybe they'll be big enough to agree it's true?

http://southyorksfooty.proboards.com/thread/3076/mess-sheffield-wednesday

In all fairness, I think it's awful the way things are being run down at S6. I've no affection for Wednesday whatsoever, but I do feel sorry for their loyal fans, many of whom are part of my family and friendship groups, because they deserve better.

It's a thread started by some over obsessed Unitedite, can't let it go even when their team are having their best season in almost 50 years, bless em ;)

It's a thread started by some over obsessed Unitedite, can't let it go even when their team are having their best season in almost 50 years, bless em ;)

10 years. Unless we finish top.

10 years. Unless we finish top.

Exactly, I think some of our chums from the RB stadium forget that we were in the Premiership a decade ago.

As for finishing top, it is a possibility, we were joint top a few weeks ago and are already higher in the table than SWFC have managed in the last 6 years (according to a Wednesday chum of mine, no doubt one of the nice, friendly lads on here will correct me if this is not the case).

Exactly, I think some of our chums from the RB stadium forget that we were in the Premiership a decade ago.

As for finishing top, it is a possibility, we were joint top a few weeks ago and are already higher in the table than SWFC have managed in the last 6 years (according to a Wednesday chum of mine, no doubt one of the nice, friendly lads on here will correct me if this is not the case).

Shh, no Wednesday talk, they'll call us obsessed!

Read this the other day and thought just how true it is! As a Blade I have to say I enjoyed reading it. I'm sure Owls fans won't though! But maybe they'll be big enough to agree it's true?

http://southyorksfooty.proboards.com/thread/3076/mess-sheffield-wednesday

In all fairness, I think it's awful the way things are being run down at S6. I've no affection for Wednesday whatsoever, but I do feel sorry for their loyal fans, many of whom are part of my family and friendship groups, because they deserve better.

DerbyTup, stop it or they'll call praise and Grumble and complain that we are taking the mick too much :hihi:

I haven't forgotten you were in the Prem a decade ago and I never will, it was hilarious. One of the most inept men against boys seasons a teams had up there and the fiasco v Wigan on the last day was comedy gold.

I haven't forgotten you were in the Prem a decade ago and I never will, it was hilarious. One of the most inept men against boys seasons a teams had up there and the fiasco v Wigan on the last day was comedy gold.

Wouldn't go that far, only finished third from bottom. It was pretty poor though.

About time we had another go, ten years is far too long for a club of our stature. How long have you guys been out of it for?

Wouldn't go that far, only finished third from bottom. It was pretty poor though.

About time we had another go, ten years is far too long for a club of our stature. How long have you guys been out of it for?

18yrs united have had one dreadful season in it in 25yrs. Prior to that we were in the top flight for all but one year from 1984 - 2000, where were united in that time?

18yrs united have had one dreadful season in it in 25yrs. Prior to that we were in the top flight for all but one year from 1984 - 2000, where were united in that time?

Don't know without Googling it. Other than the last five years, all I've known is the Blades being the top team in Sheffield, and I'm 23, so not a real youngster. I thought we were in the top flight for much of the 90's, might be wrong due to being either not born or an infant.

I'm aware that Wednesday were generally better than us during the first few decades of my Dad's life, without really winning anything more than us, other than a League Cup. But again, all this happened before I was born.

All I know is the Blades being superior, the last five years were strange, but it seems to be back to what I'm used to.

Don't know without Googling it. Other than the last five years, all I've known is the Blades being the top team in Sheffield, and I'm 23, so not a real youngster. I thought we were in the top flight for much of the 90's, might be wrong due to being either not born or an infant.

I'm aware that Wednesday were generally better than us during the first few decades of my Dad's life, without really winning anything more than us, other than a League Cup. But again, all this happened before I was born.

All I know is the Blades being superior, the last five years were strange, but it seems to be back to what I'm used to.

Seeing as you don't know I'll fill you in - united were in the top flight 90-94 so not even half the 90's, in the 94 relegation season they were hammered 3-0 at Hillsborough. To claim united were "superior" is a bit of a misnomer, the Owls didn't have a pot to pee in and united had the slightly better league finishes of two fairly poor teams, only giving Neil Warnock five years at the helm gained united any real ground which they then flunked. The last five years were not strange - the chairman who your now lording over sold any players worth a fee while you spiralled down to L1 where (to use your terminology) you spent much of the last decade.

Just ask if you want to know anything else sunshine.

Seeing as you don't know I'll fill you in - united were in the top flight 90-94 so not even half the 90's, in the 94 relegation season they were hammered 3-0 at Hillsborough. To claim united were "superior" is a bit of a misnomer, the Owls didn't have a pot to pee in and united had the slightly better league finishes of two fairly poor teams, only giving Neil Warnock five years at the helm gained united any real ground which they then flunked. The last five years were not strange - the chairman who your now lording over sold any players worth a fee while you spiralled down to L1 where (to use your terminology) you spent much of the last decade.

Just ask if you want to know anything else sunshine.

:hihi::hihi:You really should cut down on the facts !!!