Which cartridge is faulty?

My HP C5280 all in one printer tells me I have an ink cartridge problem and to consult the manual. I don't have a manual. There is a black cartridge and a colour one. An orange light is flashing on the control rectangle. How can I find out which cartridge is faulty? Does the flashing tell me?

This is a link to the user manual, specifically the section on cartridges.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/71139/Hp-C5200.html?page=14#manual

The note on this section may be of help: "When the ink level for the print cartridge is low, a message appears on the display. You can also check the ink levels by using the Printer Toolbox available through the HP Photosmart Software on your computer or through the PrintProperties dialog box on your computer"

See if these guys can help you:

deleted link - turns out it's a 'pay deposit for answer'!

they normally tell you either on the screen, or on the software - you can view and check ink levels usually...

Thanks to all. My printer now prints. The cartridge wasn't the fault after all. I don't really know what caused the fault but somewhere among the references you all gave me there was a clue saying "open the HP Solution Centre." I did this and downloaded the installation program for the printer, as advised. After that the printer worked. What puzzles me is that the printer used to work. I don't think I've ever installed it before but it still worked. So why would it have stopped working? Anyway thanks to all again. Problem solved. Well done!

Since telling you all that my printer is now working I now find it suddenly telling me the cartridge is faulty. But I've learned that if I switch it off, unplug the cable to the computer and leave it for a while (mainly overnight in my case) before re plugging it in, it works again and prints up to about ten sheets of A4 before repeating the fault.

Are these genuine HP replacement cartridges or clones? We have some all-in-one hp printers and it rejected a bad 'clone' cartridge.