Roy Orbison documentary

BBC4 the other day. It should be on catch up.

I thought of this when reading all the RIP threads for the 'stars' that are falling like flies at the moment.

Did anyone see it?

I had no particular interest in him, but stumbled across this and watched it, and thought it was really interesting. Long before the internet, it must have been a completely different world becoming well known, or finding a way of showing your talents.

Nowadays, you just be a footballer, marry a footballer, or post something on youtube and promote yourself, or just give a celebrity a blow job.

Anyone see it?

---------- Post added 23-04-2016 at 00:41 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06t3vb9

Link to it ^^

I thought of this when reading all the RIP threads for the 'stars' that are falling like flies at the moment.

Did anyone see it?

I had no particular interest in him, but stumbled across this and watched it, and thought it was really interesting. Long before the internet, it must have been a completely different world becoming well known, or finding a way of showing your talents.

Nowadays, you just be a footballer, marry a footballer, or post something on youtube and promote yourself, or just give a celebrity a blow job.

Anyone see it?

Link to it ^^

You should seek out a film called Roy Orbison and friends a black and white night, This is an amazing last live performance by Roy at an LA nightspot surrounded by a bunch of superstar musicians in front of scores of appreciative movie stars. Outstanding vocals by the big O.

Yes an immense talent.I like the tale that Geoff Lynn told of when he,George Harrison and Bob Dylan decided to ask Roy if he would join the Travelling Willburys .Hard to imagine with their combined talent but they were totally in awe of him,in fact George Harrison said Geoff blurted out "what if he says no".Thankfully he said yes.

nice, not abig fan but i do dabble occasionly, i like music docs, there was also a prince night or someat the other night on bbc4?

An old workmate of mine, went down to Bramhall Lane on the night of the Bruce Springsteen concert, he didn't have a ticket, just went to stand in the car park to listen and get the atmosphere of the concert. Parked in the corner of the car park was a limo with blacked out windows,one of the windows was wound down, being a nosey bugger my mate stuck his hea d through the open window,who should be sat there but Roy Orbison, he was so shocked all he could say was "EyUp Roy".

Guest sibon

Did anyone see it?

Anyone see it?

Link to it ^^

You can't say "blow job" on Sheffield Forum:D

You can't say "blow job" on Sheffield Forum:D

Oops.

-

Some interesting posts.

Mel, I agree, I never really thought much about him, I just happened to be flicking channels and caught it. Very interesting when compared to modern life.