Burton vs Blades 17/11/17

Is the tackle on any youtube films or owt? Can't find anything.

Good win, but really bad news about Coutts. I think just on the commentary you could tell it was serious when they said even the Burton players were calling for physios.

:(

Seen a couple of photos on a couple of message boards. Captures the moment of impact. Really sickening. Wilder’s not happy

Edited by Ridgewalk
Spelling

The win’s secondary to Coutts injury. Wilder say’s players are gutted

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 23:30 ----------

Clumsy to the point of recklessness for me.

The ref was very poor tonight.

Not sure about a video but theres a horrible photo in this article...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4938494/burton-albion-1-sheffield-united-3-captain-billy-sharp-scores-two-away-from-home-to-put-sheffield-back-at-the-top/

Really hope hes on the mend soon :(

oh my goodness

Seen a couple of photos on a couple of message boards. Captures the moment of impact. Really sickening. Wilder’s not happy

yes seen the Sun picture above, that could be a career end. Looks horrendous. :(:gag:

The ref was very poor tonight.

I seem to remember a lot of united fans slating Owls for complaining about Sordells tackle on Westwood, maybe if the ref had been stronger in that game tonight’s awful injury wouldn’t have happened.

Let’s hope for a speedy recovery for the lad.

Thats an X rated tackle in anyones book,the one on westwood was bad,but that looks horrendous.

Hope the prognosis is a good one for the lads sake,no place in football for that and its not his first.........

Thats an X rated tackle in anyones book,the one on westwood was bad,but that looks horrendous.

Hope the prognosis is a good one for the lads sake,no place in football for that and its not his first.........

Seen the photo twice, couldn’t look again. This Sordel must be some piece of work, not saying he did it deliberately, ( hopefully) but appears to show a reckless disregard for his fellow players welfare.

Not sure about a video but theres a horrible photo in this article...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4938494/burton-albion-1-sheffield-united-3-captain-billy-sharp-scores-two-away-from-home-to-put-sheffield-back-at-the-top/

Really hope hes on the mend soon :(

Not nice,looks well over the top in the photo,hope he has a full recovery.

Can the FA take retrospective action in cases like this?

Can the FA take retrospective action in cases like this?

Don't think so, only if it was say an elbow?

Don't think so, only if it was say an elbow?

That's a shame. Sordell seems to make a habit of that type of activity and he needs to be stopped before he ends someone's career.

Last nights win, as welcome as it was, was over-shadowed by the sickening injury to Paul Coutts. I'm sure that both sides of the city wish him a full recovery as there is no place in football for that kind of play. If that happened to a Wednesday player, I'd be amongst legions of Blades sending my good wishes.

That's a shame. Sordell seems to make a habit of that type of activity and he needs to be stopped before he ends someone's career.

Last nights win, as welcome as it was, was over-shadowed by the sickening injury to Paul Coutts. I'm sure that both sides of the city wish him a full recovery as there is no place in football for that kind of play. If that happened to a Wednesday player, I'd be amongst legions of Blades sending my good wishes.

Agreed. There's a couple of Wednesday idiots on Twitter making unsavoury comments but the vast majority are wishing him well