David brooks v Michael tonge

Got to say David brooks is just a gifted player and a pleasure to watch everything is just going so well for him man off match for wales midweek he must be feeling so good ,but then I look at our past players ,when Michael tonge

Was at his best what a player he was ,to be honest was he better than brooks

I seem to think he was slightly stronger and seemed to have more time on the ball

Shame that Michael never became the player we all hoped he would.

Hope they nail David Brookes feet firmly to the turf and prevent him from becoming bigger than he thinks he is !!

Brooks is good..... very good. The best young player i’ve seen at the Lane.

I’ll be amazed if he’s not plying his trade in the premiership next season.

Tongue was brilliant on the ball and so is Brooks.the key difference for me is the effort Brooks puts in when he isn’t in possession .

There were a lot of rumours at the time that Michael hated football, he was just pretty good at it. He saw it like a lot of us see our jobs, something he has to make a living.

I think Tonge was probably a bit stronger & maybe a better passer of the ball but Brooks is more creative, a better dribbler and has more pace.

The day Tonge scored those two goals against Liverpool he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. I don't think he ever reached those heights again to be honest.

Richard

Looks like more interest for brooks in January Liverpool Spurs paper talk 20 million plus suppose just a matter of time bound to happen

Seen the paper talk as well, and if we did get a £20 million bid, I don't see how we could turn it down with a good sell on clause.

Anyway, I have not seen a player with such good feet at United before.

Brooks for me has the potential to be whatever he wants to be. He also looks like he has the right attitude too.

He is so positive in going forward too, which is the reason why his passing ratio will not be anywhere near as good as some of the others.

Tonge had bags of potential and some of his performances were amazing, but I think Brooks is far better with the ball.