Songs of Praise - do you watch it?

Do you watch Songs of Praise every Sunday?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch Songs of Praise every Sunday?

Lots of people seem happy to sing the songs at Christmas time, weddings ,funerals,football matches etc...........what's the problem? lots of them are great!

At times I half watch Songs of Praise, and there is the odd religious song I like even though I am not religious.

A few years ago a friend of mine was trying to get me to go to church hoping I would find god like her.

We went to St Thomas Church in Crooks were she lived. What an experience that was, never seen a church as full as that before, not even on Songs of Praise. Half way through the service some of the people looked as though they were in some sort of a trance. There were hands waving in the air, shouting to god I think. Some were talking in a strange voice with their arms waving all over the place. When I asked my friend what they were saying and doing, she said they were speaking in tongues, some sort of biblical talk she told me. I couldn’t wait to get out. There was a lot of students there, but it did draw the crowds in with all that hokey poky going on.

I went to the 6’0 clock service, there was a 9’0 clock service that was in the news not long after my few visits. I think the Anglican vicar or what ever he was, was being investegted for sexual abuse, or something to that effect about his 9’0 clock service. It’s what he was doing during the service to women. I’m sure there was also a documentary about him on TV.

Edited by hauxwell

I'd rather poke my own eyes out with a knitting needle, or something of an equal deadly poke to the eyeball. It's not for me.

Edited by Grenoside123

I do like the big sing that songs of Praise do at The Royal Albert Hall once a year.

I remember years ago , a wet sunday teatime , with my ex in her parents caravan . Ex was reading , I was flicking around tv , on came songs of praise , I started singing along with the hymns . Ex was amazed that I knew all the words to the hymns , I berated her about her lowly education . All the time keeping quiet about the fact that all the hymns were subtitled :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I remember years ago , a wet sunday teatime , with my ex in her parents caravan . Ex was reading , I was flicking around tv , on came songs of praise , I started singing along with the hymns . Ex was amazed that I knew all the words to the hymns , I berated her about her lowly education . All the time keeping quiet about the fact that all the hymns were subtitled :hihi::hihi::hihi:

surprised you can read tbh

surprised you can read tbh

Hilarious , keep on trying you will get there one day