Gareth Thomas (Blake's 7) dies aged 71

Gareth Thomas, who played Roj Blake in 'Blake's 7', died on Monday of heart failure at the age of 71.

I loved Blake's 7 when I was growing up. The dark and cynical nature of the show appealed to me as a child growing up in the 80s much more than safe, moralistic sci-fi of Star Trek.

RIP Gareth.

Also loved the show - a re-run of the last series in 1983 (I think) was a must-watch programme at the time. RIP

Avon : is he dead?

Zen : confirmed.

Also famous for the Nescafe adverts

That was Gareth hunt the new avengers guy

Ooops :rolleyes:

I'm a dozy mare sometimes.

Apologies to Gareth Hunts family and sympathy to Gareth Thomas':blush:

Edited by Daven

Gareth Thomas appeared in arguably the scariest children's television programme ever - 'Children of the Stones'.

back in those days, television producers, in this case the 'Celtic fringe' one, HTV, thought they had a duty to try and traumatise children as much they could, so Children of the Stones had to have the freakiest, scariest theme music of any children's show ever, then, after the horror of the introductory music was over, the drama began and it got even more traumatising for the poor innocent little darlings.

Gareth Thomas appeared in arguably the scariest children's television programme ever - 'Children of the Stones'.

back in those days, television producers, in this case the 'Celtic fringe' one, HTV, thought they had a duty to try and traumatise children as much they could, so Children of the Stones had to have the freakiest, scariest theme music of any children's show ever, then, after the horror of the introductory music was over, the drama began and it got even more traumatising for the poor innocent little darlings.

interesting, cheers, that intros trippy as hell

I vaguely remember that but I think I was too young to really care.

But your link did lead me to watch Nigel 'Quatermass' Kneale's The Stone Tapes on youtube. Top stuff :D