To kill a mocking bird or not?

I liked both your choices, I read the ragged trousered philanthropist in the eighties when Thatcherism was at its peak. It struck a chord with me then as something that had been written at tha turn of the 19/20 century and still relevant as people were scared then of losing their jobs.

I haven't read Cannery row for a few years but would also recommend 'Sweet Thursday' by the same author. A lot of the same great characters in a story that moves around. Will Doc finally get it off with Suzy? I'll not spoil the ending.

Suzy gave Doc the knock back ,I can't believe it ,cried my self to sleep.

I think To kill a mockingbird is my favourite book. I did it for O'level and the teacher I had at the time was brilliant, I had always loved reading but she really brought to details the way to 'read a book' and it has stayed with me forever. That is the only half decent thing I can say about my schooling.:(

Problem I have with Catcher in the Rye is that it was the "bible" of Mark, David Chapman and was a strong influence in his murder of John Lennon. Not that it has anything to do with the author, but the title of the book still gives me the shudders.

Suzy gave Doc the knock back ,I can't believe it ,cried my self to sleep.

Hazel makes the ultimate sacrifice, to show what true friendship is. What a guy.