Disabled woman ‘left to die’

Disabled woman ‘left to die’ after council cut all 18 of her care services.

The severely disabled former midwife was unable to leave her bed to eat, drink, or go to the toilet, but was left to fend for herself at her home in Southsea, Portsmouth.

Her care was axed on December 10 last year.....

Is this what this Country has come to?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/disabled-woman-left-die-council-cut-18-care-services-7322427/

That's awful! No one should have to die like that..

Shame on those who had the power to do something about this.

Disabled woman ‘left to die’ after council cut all 18 of her care services.

The severely disabled former midwife was unable to leave her bed to eat, drink, or go to the toilet, but was left to fend for herself at her home in Southsea, Portsmouth.

Her care was axed on December 10 last year.....

Is this what this Country has come to?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/disabled-woman-left-die-council-cut-18-care-services-7322427/

The article does read slightly differently and suggests that 18 care agencies had banned or barred her for being abusive to staff. Of course nobody should die for want of medical care in this country but I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.

The article does read slightly differently and suggests that 18 care agencies had banned or barred her for being abusive to staff. Of course nobody should die for want of medical care in this country but I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.

Maybe when dealing with people in such poor mental and physical health the workers should purchase some thick skin from the real life shop, that or get a job as an ambulance driver in Tunstall, it beggars belief that people should let someone in that condition fend for themselves.

Absolutely NO excuse!

Yes i bet it's unpleasant having to take abuse from terminally ill people but there is no excuse in the UK for anyone to die because of lack of care! None....

Hard to know where to start but where was the woman's GP in all this? Had they also kicked her off and left her without primary care, or had they failed to provide primary care?

Absolutely NO excuse!

Yes i bet it's unpleasant having to take abuse from terminally ill people but there is no excuse in the UK for anyone to die because of lack of care! None....

I can understand the 18 care providers refusing to treat if she is abusive, but it's not reasonable for them to not find a more suitable agency. End of life, especially if dementia is involved can make people quite violent and they are not even realising that they are behaving inappropriately.

Hard to know where to start but where was the woman's GP in all this? Had they also kicked her off and left her without primary care, or had they failed to provide primary care?

an old mate in sheff died of swine flu a fair few years ago, as he had mental health issues and could get abusive so didnt have a permenent GP

an old mate in sheff died of swine flu a fair few years ago, as he had mental health issues and could get abusive so didnt have a permenent GP

I've heard similar stories, hence the hunch / question. There shouldn't be any circumstances where somebody is left without primary care even if a GP practice won't take them on.

18 care providers over a period of how long? Did she have 18 different agencies providing different services, or did some take over from previous providers? If it was the former, surely someone who needed all these services was ill-suited for being "cared for" at home?

18 care providers over a period of how long? Did she have 18 different agencies providing different services, or did some take over from previous providers? If it was the former, surely someone who needed all these services was ill-suited for being "cared for" at home?

Exactly!

She should have been placed in a nursing home or an EMI unit.. Or even at the very least on a pysch ward! It would still be better than allowing her to suffer alone in her final days..

Awful :(

Maybe when dealing with people in such poor mental and physical health the workers should purchase some thick skin from the real life shop, that or get a job as an ambulance driver in Tunstall, it beggars belief that people should let someone in that condition fend for themselves.

Is there any suggestion of poor mental health?

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 14:06 ----------

Exactly!

She should have been placed in a nursing home or an EMI unit.. Or even at the very least on a pysch ward! It would still be better than allowing her to suffer alone in her final days..

Awful :(

But what if it turns out that she was in charge of all of her faculties and had demanded to exercise her rights to not go to any of these places?

Was she alone in her final days? She seems to have been visited by at least one friend, was she abusive to him?

I'll repeat what I said earlier. She shouldn't have died in this manner, but I don't think we are getting all of the facts from this Metro article which is clearly designed to simply induce outrage. Maybe wait for an actual investigation?