Blades Vs Queens Park Rangers

We play QPR at home and Hull away next week. Six points and we'll be right in there, four would be okay, any less and we'll probably lose ground.

We beat Leeds, now if we fancy a play off push we need to put a run together. These are the games that teams at the top should be winning, we'll see if we actually do have what it takes to be up there, or if we're going to fade away into mid table land.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 18:27 ----------

Good result for us with Bristol drawing after being 2-0 up. We really need to capitalise!

Edited by SomeNextGuy

Err no...

we are not going to fade away into "mid-table land". At worst we'll finish in the top 10. But there's every chance we'll make the play-offs.

The run we've been on since we lost Coutts has been the worst one for 18 months, but we are still only 3 points outside the play offs and we are picking up again. Brooks was back against Leicester and was sheer class.

There's plenty to be optimistic about and I'm optimistic.

4 points will not be "ok" either. It has to be 6 against two crappy teams who are not fit to lace our boots.

Well look,we've already seen from the Bolton game what happens when you expect to just roll over teams,we don't roll anybody over,not without a huge battle first anyway,and I can guarantee that they will come up here and start running around that pitch like their lives depend on it,they might not have well known players in that team,but they have useful ones that can cause a lot of problems if their opponents are not 'on it',so we have to make sure that we are,our attitude and discipline first,and then get the football going when we have put a marker down,anything lairy or stupid mistakes and I guarantee,they will turn us over,because that is what this league is.

Err no...

we are not going to fade away into "mid-table land". At worst we'll finish in the top 10. But there's every chance we'll make the play-offs.

The run we've been on since we lost Coutts has been the worst one for 18 months, but we are still only 3 points outside the play offs and we are picking up again. Brooks was back against Leicester and was sheer class.

There's plenty to be optimistic about and I'm optimistic.

4 points will not be "ok" either. It has to be 6 against two crappy teams who are not fit to lace our boots.

Looking at the table I think the best United could achieve is an improvement of three league places and the same goes for Wednesday. For the Blades that would be very important but for the Owls it would be irrelevant.

I think the next two games are vital if United are to maintain that chance.

QPR travel dreadfully. On a cold Tuesday night in Sheffield, they are there for the taking.

If you have any play off pretensions remaining, you must see this lot off with ease.

Looking at the table I think the best United could achieve is an improvement of three league places and the same goes for Wednesday. For the Blades that would be very important but for the Owls it would be irrelevant.

I think the next two games are vital if United are to maintain that chance.

The remaining fixtures favour the Blades, we have played most of the teams above us.

we have Brookes on his way back, Billy back on form too.

Will have to dig out the future fixtures in full, but we are still in with a chance of the play offs, no one would have predicted that at the start of the season.

QPR travel dreadfully. On a cold Tuesday night in Sheffield, they are there for the taking.

We'll see. But in terms of stats it's 6th best at home vs 21st best away http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Form-wise they're one place above us http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

You can have as much form sats as you like if you don’t turn up on the day you’ll lose

Saying all that united should win this game ,see what team he puts out like to see sharp up front and brooksy in the game

Edited by lien1

The remaining fixtures favour the Blades, we have played most of the teams above us.

we have Brookes on his way back, Billy back on form too.

Will have to dig out the future fixtures in full, but we are still in with a chance of the play offs, no one would have predicted that at the start of the season.

Brookes and Billy together doesn't inspire me as much as Brooks and Clarke, apart from the Derby Brookes has always looked better as a last 20 minutes impact player to me.

Brookes and Billy together doesn't inspire me as much as Brooks and Clarke, apart from the Derby Brookes has always looked better as a last 20 minutes impact player to me.

Think he meant Sharp to play up front and Brooks to start, not necessary up front. Billy has to start for me, maybe with Donaldson, and Brooks as you say to come off the bench

This int a dig, I've predicted an easy win for your lads, but just a question.

I think you didn't register a win in (was it?) 10 games and still you stayed in the top 6 or 7.

If more dominant front runners and contenders were 'at it' this season, do you think you would have probably been out of it by now?

Is it an unusual type of season to have weakened so much and still be in with a chance of the Play-Offs?

The reason I mention it is, is that we've had a pretty poor run, and also over a decent number of games, but we've dropped like a stone.

The Blades pulled no trees up for some considerable time, but clung on to the top 6ish.

It just seems strange to me.

Any statisticians out there can make any sense of it?

I know Wednesday have under performed, so I don't really need reminding of it.

I'm just curious how 'no wins in ten' reflects back as a Play-Off chance?

This int a dig, I've predicted an easy win for your lads, but just a question.

I think you didn't register a win in (was it?) 10 games and still you stayed in the top 6 or 7.

If more dominant front runners and contenders were 'at it' this season, do you think you would have probably been out of it by now?

Is it an unusual type of season to have weakened so much and still be in with a chance of the Play-Offs?

The reason I mention it is, is that we've had a pretty poor run, and also over a decent number of games, but we've dropped like a stone.

The Blades pulled no trees up for some considerable time, but clung on to the top 6ish.

It just seems strange to me.

Any statisticians out there can make any sense of it?

I know Wednesday have under performed, so I don't really need reminding of it.

I'm just curious how 'no wins in ten' reflects back as a Play-Off chance?

It's not an unusual season,in every league,lots of teams have a chance of getting at least the last play of spot in any season,providing they keep reasonable touch with that spot,and we have,as have some others.