Well and truly blocked wc

After renting out a well maintained and decorated flat tenant has left leaving a <removed> mess in wc , fully block have poured drain cleaner in plus soda crystals opened a metal coat hanger out to try to "feel" what is round the bend. Tried janitorial supplies on attercliffe he cant help. Can anyone give advice please

Ground floor flat or upper floor??

You might need to go round lifting drain covers to check the blockage isn't outside.

Are there any rodding holes around you could use?

Upper floor

After renting out a well maintained and decorated flat tenant has left leaving a <removed> mess in wc , fully block have poured drain cleaner in plus soda crystals opened a metal coat hanger out to try to "feel" what is round the bend. Tried janitorial supplies on attercliffe he cant help. Can anyone give advice please

toilet wants to be about half full / Get a sack or old coat put inside basin shove

down hard a few times to force blockage through ./ Obvious make sure down stairs is not blocked if a joined stench pipe Does same job as a plunger if you dont know any one who has one

Edited by spider1

Generous squirts of washing-up liquid, followed by hot water. Leave for a while, then more hot water – obviously taking care not to cause an overspill. It's worked for me.

A good old fashioned plunger usually does the trick. Be careful with crystals, i've known them solidify like cement in the trap, causing no end of problems.

My trusty plunger has earned me a few bob over the years

Generous squirts of washing-up liquid, followed by hot water. Leave for a while, then more hot water – obviously taking care not to cause an overspill. It's worked for me.

This worked for me, a load of washing up liquid and then poured a kettle full of boiling water down

This worked for me, a load of washing up liquid and then poured a kettle full of boiling water down

worked for me also