House in Queens Road Beighton S20.

My 23 year old daughter is in the process of buying a house on Queens Road in Beighton, I think its near The Beighton Social Club.

Can anyone tell me what the area is like, good or bad, as I don't know the area at all?

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red
Removed house number

Hi Rob, Ive lived in Beighton all my life and live quite close to Queens Road, i think its a great place to live with a good infrastructure.

You have super transport links into the city center via the tram which is a 5 minute walk from Queens Road to the tram stop, or by bus which runs up and down Queens Road itself.

2 Junior schools nearby ( brookhouse and Reignhead )

A few decent pubs where you can dine out if you wish and of course there is Crystal Peaks shopping center as well as virtually all the big named supermarkets all within walking distance or a short car or bus journey away.

Crime rate is pretty low ( you get the odd incedent ) but where dont you these days.

All in all i think its a great place to live.

Hope this info helps you and hopefully youre daughter will settle in nicely.

A good friend of mine has lived on the next road ( manvers ) for going on 30 years and he loves it there

Mi Auntie used to live at Sothall until very recently, ive always liked Beighton (used to hang about there as a kid in the 80s), as has been said, you do get the odd little incident but compared to other places is pretty quiet.

My Dad lived in Beighton for the last 20-odd years of his life and it was fine, quiet, never any trouble. He never really made many friends there but I think that was mostly down to him being a cantankerous old so-and-so and nothing to do with the area per se. When I came to sell his house I was inundated with offers so clearly a very sought after neighbourhood.

Hi Rob, Ive lived in Beighton all my life and live quite close to Queens Road, i think its a great place to live with a good infrastructure.

You have super transport links into the city center via the tram which is a 5 minute walk from Queens Road to the tram stop, or by bus which runs up and down Queens Road itself.

2 Junior schools nearby ( brookhouse and Reignhead )

A few decent pubs where you can dine out if you wish and of course there is Crystal Peaks shopping center as well as virtually all the big named supermarkets all within walking distance or a short car or bus journey away.

Crime rate is pretty low ( you get the odd incedent ) but where dont you these days.

All in all i think its a great place to live.

Hope this info helps you and hopefully youre daughter will settle in nicely.

Which tram stop is 5 minutes walk from Queens Road..?

Which tram stop is 5 minutes walk from Queens Road..?

Depends how fast you can walk me 20 mins :hihi::hihi:

Lived in Sothall for 14 years growing up (top end of Beighton) Queens Road is alright, certainly worse places to live.