Sir harold west (director of newton chambers)

Im trying to find some history and pictures of where sir harold west lived.i know that where he lived is now a care home for the elderly.i have looked everywhere to try and find pictures of what it looked like before it came this:help: i cant find no history at all :confused: .thanks in advance if anyone can help

according to the passenger records he lived at Horbury Hall Burncross which was a grace and favour residence for Newton chambers , he also lists the constitutional club and 37 Hazlemere rd Ecclesfield

Yes blackbeard i know where he is now lol.

lobster,i work in a place where he used to live his house got extended and became a care home its called hartwell on jumble lane,i cant find any history of this and thought it would b nice to be able to look back on pictures of what the home used to be like before it became a care home.thank you for your help x

The care home was Mr Newton-Drew-s home, Drew being being his wife's maiden name they both had their own RR. My farther-in law was born next door in 1917.

When Raincliffe became Hartwell, it was run by Sister Perry and her husband. I was their postman.

Thank you ever so much everyone,its been interesting finding things out about where i work,does anyone have any old pictures either of how the care home used to be or before it became i care home?

I Don't know where he lived But I do recall him Arriving in a morning in a Packard and being dropped of outside the impressive Headquarters, I worked there from 1946 to 1955.

I remember the new Sports complex being built that had tennis Courts, Football Fields, a Cricket field, and a bowls club, this was in the early 50's and it was opened by Herbert Sutcliffe and Harold West bowled the first ball to him and it was dispatched into the railway sidings, me and My mate Ken Mell searched for it for hours without success I wonder if its still there

Gordon England (scarborough)

Gordon thats lovely of you to share,thank you.thank you everyone that has tried to help me find some history of where i work.i would love to hear any more history known or found and any pictures

Gordon thats lovely of you to share,thank you.thank you everyone that has tried to help me find some history of where i work.i would love to hear any more history known or found and any pictures

Most houses contained at least one Newton Chambers co. product, something called IZAL. Joan Jones will be giving her talk "The Story of Izal" on the 21st February at Talbot Lane Methodist church Rotherham 10.30am. If you can get there it is a very interesting talk and she is very knowledgeable about Newton Chambers, you could ask her and Mel if they have any photos and information. Mel and Joan Jones are local historians and have written many books on the area including one "Most Enterprising Thing": Illustrated History to Commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the Establishment of Newton Chambers at Thorncliffe.