Prague price food and drinks

Probably the one place I would never return to.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 09:02 ----------

Loads of people I should think.

Sarcastic, but made me laugh :hihi:

Probably the one place I would never return to.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 09:02 ----------

Sarcastic, but made me laugh :hihi:

Tongue in cheek mate, mean"t as a bit of fun. why some people get offended is beyond me.

I was advised by a fellow traveller that he much prefers Brno to Prague.

Less touristy and excellent value.

I’ve not been yet but will do.

Any opinions?

I was advised by a fellow traveller that he much prefers Brno to Prague.

Less touristy and excellent value.

I’ve not been yet but will do.

Any opinions?

I don't usually enjoy big capitals,but I think Prague is great,very walkable and not overcrowded and a good metro and tram system to get around if you don't feel like walking to get to places on the wide centre.

Only been through Brno,but will probably visit there myself one day,to be honest,I don't think you can go far wrong in any Czech city or town,I was in Liberec a couple of years ago and was really nice place.

used to be cheap but not any more. You wanted to be there about 25 years ago. There is almost nowhere in the world, that is cheaper now than it was 25 years ago. But some places, get more expensive, faster than average. Prague is one of those places in spades.

I didn't thnk your remark to the poster was intelligent, just rude. The poster was only asking a civil question.

And I was making a light hearted joke. best to let the humour police know in advance first is it?

And I was making a light hearted joke. best to let the humour police know in advance first is it?

The humour police should nick you for rubbish jokes. :gag:

used to be cheap but not any more. You wanted to be there about 25 years ago. There is almost nowhere in the world, that is cheaper now than it was 25 years ago. But some places, get more expensive, faster than average. Prague is one of those places in spades.

I remember:hihi: 25 years ago, 100 deutsche marks was enough for 7 days of pub crawling in Prague

There is a money changing place in the top North East corner of Wenceslas Square. If you stand outside looking at the rates, you will almost certainly be approached by a man in a beige camel hair coat offering you a much better exchange rate.

Avoid!!!

there is a money changing place in the top north east corner of wenceslas square. If you stand outside looking at the rates, you will almost certainly be approached by a man in a beige camel hair coat offering you a much better exchange rate.

avoid!!!

why.........

Edited by mort
tags

There is a money changing place in the top North East corner of Wenceslas Square. If you stand outside looking at the rates, you will almost certainly be approached by a man in a beige camel hair coat offering you a much better exchange rate.

Avoid!!!

WHY.........

Because he asks how much you are changing and if you say for example €100 he says he can offer a better rate than the bureau. If the bureau is offering say 2,500 Czech Krona* for €100 he will offer you 3000 Czech. Then he takes you aside and counts out 3000 worth of notes. Unfortunately about 500 of them will be Czech Krona, the rest will be various random Eastern European junk currencies. All you are doing is counting the 00s. After all, we don't know what all this weird money looks like, do we?

Then he disappears like the shopkeeper in the Mr Benn cartoons and you are left with about £20 worth of various junk currency for your €100. Which you only discover when you walk into a bar and try to buy a round using a 100 Hungarian Forint note (worth about 25p!*)

(*exchange rates are not accurate and simply for the illustration of the story)

Edited by mort
tags