Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

What positive are you blabbering on about. I've not made any claim to prove. You're losing it man, have a cup of tea!

You are intimating that those brought up with gay parents are more likley to be gay or less well adjusted mr unhappy or...

We are waiting for your proof.

Edited by Obelix

I've done a *little* bit of reading on this and I'm not so certain you're right there I1. I think you're a bit more programmed in your day to day life by evolution, genetics and nuture than you might want to believe. How much? Well there's the million dollar question.

You’ve just accepted that I’m right. The question is how much of our behaviour is driven by our genetics, and how much is the result of behaviours driven by abstract thought and ideas.

It will vary between individuals, and between societies. Your only beef is by how much, but that scarcely matters. In our society here in the U.K. it is possible for couples like Tom and his husband to follow their chosen path to parenthood. There is general acceptance of a lot of the processes that make it possible for them. In a different society - say Russia - much more difficult to do the same thing. Little of that is to do with genetics.

How about just wanting them to be happy with their sexuality, regardless of what it is?

That's fine if that's the hand life deals them. For the most part I wouldn't wish anyone to be unhappy (except for a few people who I wouldn't flinch if they got hit by a tram).

I imagine being "gay" brings extra challenges, and life can be difficult enough without that.

That's fine if that's the hand life deals them. For the most part I wouldn't wish anyone to be unhappy (except for a few people who I wouldn't flinch if they got hit by a tram).

I imagine being "gay" brings extra challenges, and life can be difficult enough without that.

How do you think those 'extra challenges' can be reduced?

Nonsense and you know it. It is the context in which it is used and has been for donkey's years.

No, the postman has been now, I was expecting him, and he arrived.

Tom and his partner are expecting a baby, and they will in the next few months get one.

They won't deliver it themselves, they're not pregnant, obviously. But they are expecting to gain a new member of the family, in the form of a baby.

It only brings challenges because of homophobes... who are fortunately a dying breed.

How do you think those 'extra challenges' can be reduced?

I have no idea.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 13:39 ----------

No, the postman has been now, I was expecting him, and he arrived.

Tom and his partner are expecting a baby, and they will in the next few months get one.

They won't deliver it themselves, they're not pregnant, obviously. But they are expecting to gain a new member of the family, in the form of a baby.

Not ignoring you but not responding directly to your reply. We disagree and will continue to do so, no point in discussing it further.

I have no idea.

Okay, what do you think those extra challenges are for gay people?

Okay, what do you think those extra challenges are for gay people?

Not being "gay" I can only speculate but I would put prejudice near the top of the list.

A you trying to provoke me into saying something? If so ask me a direct question.

Not being "gay" I can only speculate but I would put prejudice near the top of the list.

A you trying to provoke me into saying something? If so ask me a direct question.

I'm not trying to provoke you. I was merely expanding on your comment that being gay can add extra challenges.

I agree that prejudice is an issue.

Do you think that will eventually stop as society moves on and more 'traditional' generation are no longer with us?

I'm not trying to provoke you. I was merely expanding on your comment that being gay can add extra challenges.

I agree that prejudice is an issue.

Do you think that will eventually stop as society moves on and more 'traditional' generation are no longer with us?

Yes. Wouldn't call myself particularly prejudiced but seeing 2 blokes holding hands / kissing will always look strange to me. As time goes by and it becomes more familiar, I suppose it will not seem that different and no-one will notice.

Yes. Wouldn't call myself particularly prejudiced but seeing 2 blokes holding hands / kissing will always look strange to me. As time goes by and it becomes more familiar, I suppose it will not seem that different and no-one will notice.

That sounds like a really honest answer; do you mind me asking how old you are blackydog? Just give us the decade if you're shy.