Hannah Hauxwell

This lady survived with nothing, she puts to shame the people of today who can't survive without, Facebook, iPhones, etc. A fantastic great lady. R.I.P.

Just seen the article below about Hannah Hauxwell passing away, anyone remember seeing the programme about her life on the farm and how bleak things were? I remember watching it when she had to go down to the stream and break the ice to get water. There were follow up programmes as well when the tv company took her abroad.

Yes. She seemed to revel in being almost somebody from a bygone age. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

A real Lady was Hannah. May her God bless her and keep her. RIP.

Angel1.

This lady survived with nothing, she puts to shame the people of today who can't survive without, Facebook, iPhones, etc. A fantastic great lady. R.I.P.

Not only did she survive, but she did it with grace, good humour and kindness.

The unique Hannah Hauxwell. May she Rest in Peace.

Very sad about Hannah Hauxwell. My late cousin and her mother met Hannah a few times and they had their photos taken with her. They said she was a lovely lady and nothing pretentious about her. I think at the time Hannah was working for the BBC.

We are distantly related to her on my grandfathers side, his second name was Hauxwell and he was born in Leyburn North Yorkshire, but the family moved to Newcastle when my grandfather was very young.

There is some lovely views of the wild North Yorkshire moors at Bernard Castle, where Hannah spent her finale years in a care home, so she was never very far from the place she loved.

I love what Angle1 said, so I am going to say the same.

May her God bless her and keep her.

RIP

Edited by hauxwell
Alteration

I'd never heard of this lady but thanks for the links, I'll watch the films later on. Sounds very interesting.

Just seen on the news that she had no surviving relatives but around 200 people were at the burial service. Good to see that so many people thought so much about her.

I have never heard of her, but will be finding the docs to watch. She seems fascinating.

Just been on the Tyne Tees news about Hannah. I thought her funeral was last Monday, but it was today. She may not have had any surviving relatives but she had plenty of friends.

I am quite surprised that 200 turned up at her funeral, I honestly thought there would be many many more as she touched many people's hearts.

Angel1.

I though there would have been more than 200 people at Hannah’s funeral or perhaps that’s all they could get into the church, there seemed to be people on the street watching the funeral. I wonder if someone who made the documentaries were there, but it is a long time ago since they made them.

iv just found the "too long a winter" video on youtube so im going to get comfy in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and watch it later. what an amazing woman she was