Wadsley/Wadsley Park Village - good place to live?

Thanks Olive. We're moving from slightly further up in S10 out toward Crosspool. It's too far removed from anything up here to be interesting for a young(ish!) couple. My concern about H'boro and its surrounds had been how busy it gets but will head down to Wadsley this weekend to see what the area you have mentioned looks like. The houses seem to represent very good VFM, albeit they're all a tad too big for us (five bedrooms!).

Ha ha, that's what we thought, but just think of the storage! Happy hunting.

Ha ha, that's what we thought, but just think of the storage! Happy hunting.

As a lapsed golfer/rock climber/squash player/sailor (the list goes on...), I could easily fill three bedrooms with the detritus of my sporting career. :hihi:

As a lapsed golfer/rock climber/squash player/sailor (the list goes on...), I could easily fill three bedrooms with the detritus of my sporting career. :hihi:

We'll, you'd have a golf club just up the road if you did move to the area!

Hi

We (family) have moved here from Australia. Any advise on good schools and good areas to live?

Thinking of moving to an apartment on Wadsley Park Village, if we can find one with a balcony! Whats it like for older people? Is there a bus going through the village? Otherwise I think it could be a long walk either to the top or the bottom?

Does anyone know what its like to live in Middlewood Lodge where there are apartments for sale?

There's the tram terminus just down the hill and along the road.

I've no idea if a service runs through WPV itself, there are services on worrall road, no buses on the bottom except the stocksbridge link AFAIK.

Can't comment on living in the flats or WPV itself, I live nearby, off Worrall Road.

There’s a single decker, the 268, through WPV once an hour on its way to/from Hillsborough and Wharncliffe Side.

No idea about Middlewood Lodge and there’s also Glenwood, Kingswood Hall and a few new-builds towards the top of the development nearer Worrall Road.

I lived in Wadsley for six years and loved its villagey feel. It had some good local shops and pubs and was handy for the bus to town or the car out to the Peak. The village itself has a variety of different housing- the Park Village being the worst in my opinion- a big development with no soul and thrown up houses. I think houses sell quickly because it isn't a very nice place to live- but others may disagree. There are lots of better houses in the area- I would have a good look around if I were you.

That doesn’t make sense, why would houses sell quickly if it isn’t a nice area?

I personally wouldn’t want to live there because it is too close to the Winn Gardens estate .

I’ve lived on WPV for some years and neither seen nor heard of any problems from Winn Gardens. It’s very quiet most of the time, most traffic is off to work or coming back home.

Quality of build? Various developers were involved, some better than others, no different to any new developments wherever we’ve lived in different parts of England.

My son rents on thereat the moment but is moving into his own home elsewhere. He's lived there for 2 years and had no issues. Personally I don't like it as they have shoe horned as many properties as possible into the space available.

However, there are plenty that do like it as confirmed by how quickly they sell at what seems to be ludicrous prices.

No problems from Wynn Gardens at all and really handy for the tram which is important for some.

I once saw a group of teenage girls fighting near the top of WPV. I was out for an evening walk with a friend.

I can't prove that they were from WG, but that was the assumption I made.

And there was a spate of theft and muggings near the bottom of WPV around the nursery, I think that a group from WG were arrested.