Your message here

Upvc windows/doors painting business?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Business & Employment

Reply To Topic

24-04-2018, 17:58   #1
Exdoorsy

Total Posts: 5
Hi there,
as anyone had there upvc windows and doors painted?
Or would have them done looking to start up a business doing it and wondered what people thought are?
Thank you
24-04-2018, 18:02   #2
Bilge

Total Posts: 2,207
I'd rather spend the money on getting new ones that were the right colour in the first place.

Maybe if I bought a house that had those awful brown pretend-wood ones I might have them painted and make do with that for a few years if I couldn't afford replacements.

But it all depends on price and how effective the work was.
_______
bilge balderdash baloney claptrap cobblers codswallop drivel hogwash hooey poppycock tosh tripe twaddle
24-04-2018, 18:12   #3
Exdoorsy

Thank you
This was my worries that people would just buy new ones! But was just hoping that the cost difference would win people over. And also offering to go the extra mile, ie change glass that as broken down, changing handles, re sealing the old windows.
Thank you again
25-04-2018, 15:31   #4
realcockney

Total Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdoorsy View Post
Thank you
This was my worries that people would just buy new ones! But was just hoping that the cost difference would win people over. And also offering to go the extra mile, ie change glass that as broken down, changing handles, re sealing the old windows.
Thank you again
i would consider it depending on the price, we are just refurbishing a house now and the windows are almost new so want to leave them in, but we want anthracite grey to match the new facias, doors and soffits etc, what sort of cost are you talking about? say for a 2000mm x 1720mm. pm me if you want
25-04-2018, 17:30   #5
jaythedon

Total Posts: 648
I have looked in to this, no one in Sheffield offer this service. I would be interested in seeing the work and costs.
_______
SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!
25-04-2018, 18:22   #6
Exdoorsy

That’s brilliant I’ll get some samples together
Thanks for everyone for giving time to reply
26-04-2018, 22:23   #7
Neilwalts68

Total Posts: 169
Get in now, itís taking off. Iím setting it up along my decorating business. Make sure you do your research tho. Using the wrong paint and wrong technique can seriously damage the windows. Iím using hvlp spray setup
_______
NW Decorators Domestic and Commercial 07974261965
01-05-2018, 00:26   #8

Total Posts: 91
Hi - I would have this done if its priced right. Also in anthracite grey
01-05-2018, 13:52   #9

Total Posts: 91
we have a patio door we would like painting anthracite grey
03-05-2018, 23:09   #10
mega_monty

Total Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythedon View Post
I have looked in to this, no one in Sheffield offer this service. I would be interested in seeing the work and costs.
Saw a company spraying UPVC window frames grey at a house on Beaver Hill Rd, a couple of weeks back. Can't remember company name but they had a sign up in garden, first time I'd seen this being done.
_______
Explore the Labyrinth of your mind
27-07-2018, 09:39   #11
woze

Total Posts: 44
window magic do this kind of work, or if your on a budget just buy the upvc primer and paint after,ZINSSER make some very good primers
04-09-2018, 22:25   #12
steve-300683

Total Posts: 291
I’m a window fitter and have been doing it for 20 years I have seen some of these paint jobs and the amount of time people have to go back to them the problem is it’s like plastering the sealant part of the fitting is a technique and people think ahhh abit of silicone how hard can that be but it’s not as easy as you think the other part is I’ve seen this time and time again what when you go to spray someone’s windows and say there white and they have white Georgian bar inside the glass units this looks rubbish once the windows have been sprayed as the bar no longer matches as a fitter I’d never even look at sprayed windows the amount of people I’ve been to and ripped them out months after they have been sprayed I think it’s a dying trade before it’s kicked off but I could be wrong just think about all the different bits spraying is an art to get it right you’ll have to take all the silicone out to make sure you spray right up to the edge of the frame then go back once it’s dry to re seal it all if someone has old windows they may aswel just replace them has to be more cost effective as they have no more guarantee with them hardware starts to fail I think it would be a good idea if it’s just a quick way to say tart a property up before selling or renting etc make it abit more appealing but that’s all I think it’s good for but as I said I could be wrong so the best of luck to you.
11-09-2018, 21:53   #13
Bilge

Total Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-300683 View Post
Iím a window fitter and have been doing it for 20 years I have seen some of these paint jobs and the amount of time people have to go back to them the problem is itís like plastering the sealant part of the fitting is a technique and people think ahhh abit of silicone how hard can that be but itís not as easy as you think the other part is Iíve seen this time and time again what when you go to spray someoneís windows and say there white and they have white Georgian bar inside the glass units this looks rubbish once the windows have been sprayed as the bar no longer matches as a fitter Iíd never even look at sprayed windows the amount of people Iíve been to and ripped them out months after they have been sprayed I think itís a dying trade before itís kicked off but I could be wrong just think about all the different bits spraying is an art to get it right youíll have to take all the silicone out to make sure you spray right up to the edge of the frame then go back once itís dry to re seal it all if someone has old windows they may aswel just replace them has to be more cost effective as they have no more guarantee with them hardware starts to fail I think it would be a good idea if itís just a quick way to say tart a property up before selling or renting etc make it abit more appealing but thatís all I think itís good for but as I said I could be wrong so the best of luck to you.
Even without any punctuation that seems to make a lot of sense to me!
_______
bilge balderdash baloney claptrap cobblers codswallop drivel hogwash hooey poppycock tosh tripe twaddle
11-09-2018, 21:56   #14
p-and-d

Total Posts: 1,647
I personally would look into the process. The products we use chemically bond to the upvc. We have samples your more than welcome to take a look at. We offer 10 years adhesion and 5 years fade guarantee.
_______
P-and-D for all your External and Internal Painting and Decorating needs. FREE quotes and Insurance work under-taken. Now taking bookings for all External painting work . 07904341402 Paul
*** 10% discount for all sheffield Forum members***
13-09-2018, 10:09   #15
mrsb73

Total Posts: 686
There are also a few companies out there that will vinyl wrap upvc windows and doors, but not sure if there is anyone in Sheffield doing this. I had a company from Stockport come and rewrap my kitchen in grey, they also do windows. I may be interested in the painting if it was very durable.
13-09-2018, 19:23   #16
p-and-d

Total Posts: 1,647
All of the brown windows you see are vinyl wrapped before been made
_______
P-and-D for all your External and Internal Painting and Decorating needs. FREE quotes and Insurance work under-taken. Now taking bookings for all External painting work . 07904341402 Paul
*** 10% discount for all sheffield Forum members***
14-09-2018, 20:19   #17
doubletop

Total Posts: 864
Seen on various old windows ,the vinyl wrap coming off
Reply To Topic